Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Stick Modding

Options
  • 27-04-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

I know there'll be a few people here that know a bit about this. I have a Hori Soul Calibur stick (Hori EX2?) for the 360 but one of the buttons is giving trouble. Sometimes a hit doesn't register, sometimes it does. Either way i can't hold the button down (and thus can't do focus attacks in SF4!).

So I decided to mod the stick with new parts. However, how can i tell if the problem is actually with the button and not just the pcb? I could get new buttons and still have the problem? Also, what parts would anyone recommend? Sanwa, Seimetsu or Happ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You might have to wait awhile for parts, there's a bit of a shortage at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's always the button (or your own execution ;)).

But like Retro sez, almost all the parts suppliers are on backlog atm; check SRK's Tech Talk section for more (can't find the thread).

ModchipMan.com seems to be taking orders, you could try them.

Happ parts are too large for EX2s; Sanwa is sensitive, Seimitsu a bit less so.
    Take your pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Thanks for the replys lads. I registered on SRK and found many useful threads. There seems to be a french shop which has items in stock http://www.starcab.net/index.php?cPath=219_163_176 but then again, they might just be saying that!!

Modchip man also claims to have them http://www.modchipman.com/sanwa-pushbutton-obsf30-black-p-1625.html

Think I'll go with sanwa buttons and an 8-way restrictor plate. Wont be able to use my stick for the tournaments this weekend now :(

Well I've ordered the parts and am awaiting delivery but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could print custom artwork for an arcade stick? I have the images ready to print, just don't know how or where!

I looked at a guide and they called it lami-label (laminated on one side and sticky-back on the other). Anyone have any experience with custom artwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Reads on Nassau St, they'll print & laminate an A4 page for a bit under €4.

I would also suggest to NOT print the button cut-outs, as they'll usually end up being in the wrong place.
    Then get some double-sided tape or use some glue.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice, I was going to print the button holes! But I'm working from a template so it probably wouldnt be too far off anyway. Will the glue or tape be enough for a perfect spread? I'll have to be careful to get it right!

Advertisement