Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get second hand manual focus film slr

• 27-04-2009 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi

Ive been looking into getting a film SLR, manual focus, even one without a light meter!

Is there anywhere to go in Dublin who sells these?

Thanks!

PS if anyone out there has one of these cameras or has any recommendations please let me know! Im looking at something along the lines of the Nikkormat FT3!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Might be selling a Pentax ME with 50mm 1.7 lense if you're interested, pm me to notify me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Thanks for the offer but more looking for a shop I can go into and maybe even get some sort of guarantee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Heres a shop you might like to visit. Look at their website
    http://www.berminghamcameras.ie/store/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

DML at Portobello Harbour (across the road from The Lower Deck) is a quality little shop with two guys that wouldn't see you wrong. I haven't been in about a year but think they're still going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

humberklog wrote: »
    DML at Portobello Harbour (across the road from The Lower Deck) is a quality little shop with two guys that wouldn't see you wrong. I haven't been in about a year but think they're still going.

Declan & Alan who run Dublin Camera Repair, are no longer there, they now work out of their homes but the advice is spot on, need a camera with a guarantee they are bound to have what you are looking for, these guys are the experts, they have saved many old cameras I got from the scrap heap. Try Declan on 0866684400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

Gunns in Wexford Street Dublin often have used cameras but they also stock new models. They currently have a very good manual Phenix SLR camera. I can't remember the price but think its not much over €100 with guarantee. It also takes Pentax lenses with a PK mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Actually they've a handful of decent looking film slr's there at the moment.
    From memory they have 2 OM10's a Yashica, a Ricoh and a Nikon with some enormous finder, I think it's a Nikkormat F.

They have a new fuji 645 film rangefinder, it's pretty

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

There's a smart looking Kiev 19 that comes with a 28mm-70mm (
    nikon compatible) lens in the window of the camera shop on
    George's St for 75 quid. Was looking at it just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

PoleStar wrote: »
    PS if anyone out there has one of these cameras or has any recommendations please let me know! Im looking at something along the lines of the Nikkormat FT3!

I picked up one of these with 4 lenses (2x50, 24, zoom) and other bits and pieces for €100 on www.photographyireland.net. I'm a beginner so I've no frame of reference but I love it. You'd get a body + 50mm lens for €70-€80 on ebay. The NIKKORMAT FT3 + lens seems to go for about €50

At those kind of prices I don't see the advantage of a shop guarantee. The premium you'd pay for the guarantee would probably cover a new camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

At those kind of prices I don't see the advantage of a shop guarantee. The premium you'd pay for the guarantee would probably cover a new camera.

Yeah bigtime. I've bought 2nd hand stuff in Conns before that was a little overpriced compared to what I'd pay for it online, but they offer a 6 month guarantee on the bodies so I figured it was worth it. Some other stuff is pretty overpriced though, and I'd probably just ebay anything under €100 or so. I certainly wouldn't get that Kiev 19 when you could get an FE or even an FE-2 if you're lucky on ebay for around the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

you might look at getting a yashica gsn electro. It has an excellent f1.7 lens but you do get tired of the focusing deal if you have bad eysight

Advertisement