Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good waterford Tilers on here? quick question

• 27-04-2009 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Is there any good tilers in Waterford?

I have a job i need doin but i have very small tiles already on the floor is it possible to tile over the old tiles? theyre there since the house was built about 40 years ago and if i take them up then theres the cement that was on the floor to remove???

I reckon a tiler could tile over them theyre solid on the floor and the floor wouldnt be raise that much so thats not an issue?

Would i need to use a leveling compound on it? and then tiles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

Multivan wrote: »
    Is there any good tilers in Waterford?

I have a job i need doin but i have very small tiles already on the floor is it possible to tile over the old tiles? theyre there since the house was built about 40 years ago and if i take them up then theres the cement that was on the floor to remove???

I reckon a tiler could tile over them theyre solid on the floor and the floor wouldnt be raise that much so thats not an issue?

Would i need to use a leveling compound on it? and then tiles?

hi i just asked my other half for you,he's a tiler and he said yeah you can tile over the old tiles,and he said you dont need leveling compound, you can make it up with the adhesive he said, just make the adhesive thicker, just make that you open and close your door.

hope that helps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

rohe wrote: »
    hi i just asked my other half for you,he's a tiler and he said yeah you can tile over the old tiles,and he said you dont need leveling compound, you can make it up with the adhesive he said, just make the adhesive thicker, just make that you open and close your door.

hope that helps:)

Yeah fair play i kinda knew but a second opinion is always welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

Multivan wrote: »
    Yeah fair play i kinda knew but a second opinion is always welcome!

no bother, happy tiling!!!

Advertisement