Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a first AEG??

Options
  • 27-04-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am thinking of getting my first gun and I was wondering what the general consensus was on the best gun to get?

Cheers,

Clawfeld

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Jg g36c or g&g plastica m4 would be best for a beginner, both available from eirsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

for cqb id say one of the galaxy mp5's for open land forests ect an m4 either a G&G plastica or d-boys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

zero19 wrote: »
    Jg g36c or g&g plastica m4 would be best for a beginner, both available from eirsoft

+1. I have both of these guns and they are both great performers and very very reliable. The G&G uses the same hop up unit and the same gear box as the metal G&Gs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

It really depends on what you are willing to spend.
    G&G are expensive where as dboys are not.
    For a newbie i would recomend a dboys m4 or the m4 s-system
    for one of those you would pay around 150 quid in eirsoft.and you get the battery with them.
    Of these two i would go for the s-system as you can mount anything on them like lasers,flashlights and scopes and even a 203 granade launcher.
    I have one of these and i love it:)
    The only difference between the s-system and the normal m4 is the sights and railing
    (just google image the two AEGs and you see what i mean).
    It really comes down to the person them self,wether they perfair the mag behind the trigger like the AUG (used by irish army) and L85/SA80 (used by british army) or if you want the mag at the front like the M4 and G36C.
    There are so many to pick from.

P.S:just because dboys cost less to buy then G&G dosent mean that they are s**t,dboys internails are excellent.

Hope that helps you making your desision in buying your first AEG:):):)

mle1324 wrote: »
    It really depends on what you are willing to spend.
    G&G are expensive where as dboys are not.
    For a newbie i would recomend a dboys m4 or the m4 s-system
    for one of those you would pay around 150 quid in eirsoft.and you get the battery with them.
    Of these two i would go for the s-system as you can mount anything on them like lasers,flashlights and scopes and even a 203 granade launcher.
    I have one of these and i love it:)
    The only difference between the s-system and the normal m4 is the sights and railing
    (just google image the two AEGs and you see what i mean).
    It really comes down to the person them self,wether they perfair the mag behind the trigger like the AUG (used by irish army) and L85/SA80 (used by british army) or if you want the mag at the front like the M4 and G36C.
    There are so many to pick from.

P.S:just because dboys cost less to buy then G&G dosent mean that they are s**t,dboys internails are excellent.

Hope that helps you making your desision in buying your first AEG:):):)

I personally would stay away from DBOY. I have had a few different AEGs made by DBOY and all of them turned out rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

My opinion depends on your budget if it is 500,1000,10000,20000. for starters the best to start with ak 47-74 variants or g36 series. why? 1.large ammo content, you need only 2 magazine and youre good to go. 2.ak47s and g36c feAtures collapsible/folding stock -good for cqb and ak47s have nearly 450s barrel lenght enough for long engagement.3. being ver.3 sturdy gearbox and no barrel wooble unlike some m4s.4.Jing gong g36 and aks are like the tokyo marui of chinese clone. If money is no object go for M4 PTW around 2000k for the whole set just 1 go and itll put a smile on your face every time you pull the trigger and your target says HITTTTT.

I personally would stay away from DBOY. I have had a few different AEGs made by DBOY and all of them turned out rubbish.

mine going grand,caused me no trouble yet

mine going grand,caused me no trouble yet

They seem to be a but dodgy. Some good ones, some bad ones. Whereas with JG or G&G they are nearly all perfect.

They seem to be a but dodgy. Some good ones, some bad ones. Whereas with JG or G&G they are nearly all perfect.

yea,but for 150 there not bad
    and i think im lucky cos i mush have a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

just trying to make up 25 posts
    Then make a sensible post to do with the topic, please?
    I have a dboys M4 S-System and its great, really strong, good power a bit heavy but that doesn't matter, did I mention it was great?

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Then make a sensible post to do with the topic, please?
    I have a dboys M4 S-System and its great, really strong, good power a bit heavy but that doesn't matter, did I mention it was great?

great starting off AEG,agree with you 100%,i mean its a bit stupit going out and buying a 300euro AEG as your starting off AEG ,start of small and work your way up thats how i think it should be done unless your like that women from limerick who won the 115million euro in the euromillions a while back,then you can buy all the AEGs,GBBs and even a site lol:D

P.S:you get used to the weight of the s-system after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

P.S:you get used to the weight of the s-system after a while
    Weight what weight? I'm used to the weight of it(me and my guitars:rolleyes: ), but yeah the M4 S-System is a great AEG, the Dboys SPR looks good too.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Weight what weight? Sorry already used to it, but yeah M4 S-System, bu it, or the Dboys SPR that looks good

i cant make heads or tails of what that comment means
    can you explane it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

dboys m4 s system cant go wrong.

although dont f*ck up your battery like i did..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

i have the dboys ak74
    fairly sturdy skirmished weekly and no probs good range and accuracy just make sure you upgrade the hopup and invest in a better battery makes a nice change from all the m4 and g36's out there(have both of those as well lol):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Clawfeld wrote: »
    I am thinking of getting my first AEG and I was wondering what the general consensus was on the best gun to get?

Cheers,

Clawfeld
    Of the ones mentioned what style do you like the best, M4, G36 or AK?

If you can narrow it down it may be easier to suggest particular makes or models. Is it going to be used for messing around in the garden or do you plan to skirmish with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Clawfeld

Thanks for all your help.

I am definitely going to skirmish with it. I am leaning towards the AKS-74 at present. There is the AKS-74U, but I dont like the look of the 74U. There is an AKS-74 on the eirsoft.ie site which I am currently looking at.

I like the look of the AKS-74, and the reviews have been positive. Does anyone who use AK's have any preference of maker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭robbie brazel

I am definitely going to skirmish with it. I am leaning towards the AKS-74 at present. There is the AKS-74U, but I dont like the look of the 74U. There is an AKS-74 on the eirsoft.ie site which I am currently looking at.

I like the look of the AKS-74, and the reviews have been positive. Does anyone who use AK's have any preference of maker?

you can also get a real wood version from eirsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

cyma and klash make some solid reasonablely priced ak's what ever you do avoid ca like the plague!!!

I have skirmished with a Kalash AK before. Performance is brilliant. Accurate and powerful with good range and good ROF, what more do you want?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Cyma AK's are rock colid. very rarely have i seen one break, the downside is they arn't as realistic looking as the Kalash, which also has a bulletproof reputation so if it was me i would go with the Kalash. the Cyma sometimes has stupid looking trade marks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xxboylarzxx

cant go wrong with a g36c around 160 in <snip>??

Advertisement