Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Diploma in Software Design & Development - NUI Galway

• 27-04-2009 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I am looking at a postgrad next year in NUI Galway - its the H.Dip. in Software Design & Development.

It appears to be specifically targetted towards those not from an IT background and has a 2nd year option to complete a Masters if you achieve a certain grade.

It looks like a good course but i would really appreciate any feedback or opinions on the course

The course details can be viewed by clicking here

I also looked at a 2nd semester timetable online and some of what were options in the link above now seem to be core subjects - timetable

Really, i wanted to see what people thought of the course, was it worthwhile, what are the prospects after graduating etc...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Jugs82 wrote: »
    Really, i wanted to see what people thought of the course, was it worthwhile, what are the prospects after graduating etc...

It seems fine, all the standard topics covered.

As for the prospects, a simple piece of paper will not get you a job, it all depends on a whole host of factors, especially experience. If you had 2-3 years experience, you would stand a much better chance of getting a job.

Advertisement