Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh Áth Cliath

Options
  • 27-04-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

I'm involved in organising the Dublin Fleadh this year and we have a few events taking place in the week running up to the competitions:

On Tuesday 5th May the official launch will take place in Clasac on the Alfie Byrne Rd., Clontarf, from 9pm onwards. There will be a great session taking place, as well as refreshments (tea, cake, wine, cheese...) being served.

On Wednesday 6th May there will be a gala concert taking place, again in Clasac, from 8pm - 11pm. Artists include, Tom Doorley, Mairéad Ní Fhlathartha, Seosaimhín Ní Bheaglaíoch, Martin Tourish and Friends, Diabhlaíocht and a few others. Tickets are €15 for adults, €10 concession and €30 for a family ticket. For further information feel free to pm me. :)

There will also be sessions taking place in the Goblet in Beaumont on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th from about 9pm onwards.

Everyone is welcome and we'd really love to see you there as we want to make this fleadh memorable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Just to update: There will be an interview on Raidio na Life tonight between 8 and 9pm about the concert. John Regan, accordion player, has also been added to the line up. :)

Update: Daire Bracken and Kieran Hanrahan are now also featured on the line up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Daire Bracken
    Make sure you have enough room on stage!!:D Great fiddler but he's mental!

banjopaul wrote: »
    Make sure you have enough room on stage!!:D Great fiddler but he's mental!

I've gotten a promise that there won't be any accidents this time, and if there are, I'm not taking responsibility for them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Good choice! Don't let the insurance company see this video:
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2015300075
    :p

• Advertisement

Let's hope the insurance company aren't on boards then.... :P

Advertisement