Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanturk Recycling centre????

Options
  • 27-04-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story with this place is??? It looks like its beeen ready since Jan but it aint open yet? Can anyone shed some light on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

the council don't have the money apparently !!

They also wanted the people working in the millstreet centre to work in the kanturk one for so many days a week.

To be honest, the site they placed it is crazy..beside the river at the entrance to the town. not going to be very good on a tidy towns point of view !

the council do have land a few mile the other side of town (freemount Rd)in off the road where it would not be seen etc, personally i think the community council should have stepped in there and got it moved to the council land at the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭corkkaz

yah its closed as theres no funding!!!

I think the location is grand at least its accessible not that much out of your way. the land has the council offices your on about? that wouldnt fit the recycling centre"!!!

i thought that site where the offices are was big enough ? years since i was in there though...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

http://www.corkman.ie/news/fears-for-future-of-millstreet-and-kanturk-civic-amenity-sites-1645160.html

They're run out of money. It's a pity, drove past the place at the weekend there and it looks really good. I never new Millstreet was the only place that had recycling facilities in North Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭corkkaz

scuby wrote: »
    i thought that site where the offices are was big enough ? years since i was in there though...

I dont think it is that big and theres an awful alot of houses near it too, maybe one reason why they didnt put it there.

its a shame its not going to be up and running, what a waste of money !!!

• Advertisement

corkkaz wrote: »
    I dont think it is that big and theres an awful alot of houses near it too, maybe one reason why they didnt put it there.

fair enough.

still think it was a bad location at the entrance to the town, and beside a river. there is bound to be some pollution tun off. the local trout fishing has been hit enough over the years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

its a disgrace the council cant get there act together, why cant they rent it to a private company? they do this in other countries,better to do that than see it rot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I think it should've never been built. It's a complete eyesore coming into the town, and it's not even full of people's rubbish yet :\

Advertisement