Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help retrieving Windows Live email via my Nokia E51 mobile phone

• 27-04-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Folks

I have just got an upgrade to a Nokia E51. I am having trouble setting up a remote mailbox service through POP3 for my Windows Live email account. Vodafone emailed me through the attached document. I followed the instructions, replacing any reference to a vodafone email account with my own Windows Live email settings including the Incoming and outgoing mail servers etc (which I also successfully used when I routed my emails via Outlook Express) but to no avail. Vodafone claim they cannot assist me any further as my email account is not a "vodafone" email account.

So when all else fails, I know that Boards is the place to come for a solution!

can anyone help?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Your trying to set it up in mailbox. I dont think windowslive can be setup that way. You need to download the windows live app to the phone. Normally that handiest way is to go to the download folder in the applications menu. Its not fully running in ireland as of yet, but still works.

You could also use an app like Nokia Messaging which can retrieve up to 10 email accounts.

Advertisement