Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

expectations, hopes & transfers 09/10

Options
  • 27-04-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Just thought i'd pop in here with this for next season as we seem to be sure of survival for another year. A thread on our hopes and dreams for next season and for the few new faces at the lane.

Harry has said already he's only planning on bringing in a couple of new faces but I think that might be just so it doesn't unsettle the team at this crucial run in period i expect more outs then ins but maybe 4 or 5 new key players.

1. A creative midfielder
    2. cover at left back
    3. replacement for bent or pav or both possibly (an out and out striker)
    4. A left winger

Now on my hopes and expectations
    Well i'd like us to start the season well for a nice change
    At some point in the season to go on an unbeaten run of 8+ games.
    To genuinely challenge for a top 4 place and not be hoping arsenal have bad season of less then 65 points to make the top 4 although if they want to thats ok:cool:

Sorry bought the rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

You mentioned in your post everdead about us having a good start to the season. This is my main hope for next year, a good start and we'll have a good season i reckon. The past 3 seasons we've had terrible starts.

I would also like to see us finish 5th again, I don't think 4th is realistic at the moment. Villa, Everton and Man City will be pushing hard for european football and it would be nice to finish above those teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

I would like to see a bit of Bottle back in the team.

The fight the passion is gone...even Keano has lost it.

We did same end of last season once we were safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

In a word I would like to see some consistency,

I would happily take 6th next season if we showed class and grunt where needed. We should be putting away anyone in the bottom 7 in the league both home and away.

In the off season I think we need a big strong player that won't mind too much being on the bench that and the obvious addition of a LM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Bottle and determination are my main hopes for next year. If, as mentioned by ziedth, we can beat the bottom 7 both home and away next season and finish off some other teams when we have the chance, I think we'll do ok.

I love when we go on a run like we've had recently and I'd hope to see more of that. I think we need a different midfielder to Zokora, who just doesn't cut it compared to Palacios. And seeing as Palacios is undoubtedly going to get booked and sent off plenty of times next season it is hugely important, particularly seeing as Jenas seems to play his best stuff beside him.

I'm happy with the back five, especially if King can play often. Up front we need some more creativity. Defoe will be able to score goals out of nothing, which is very important, but I feel that Bent will be gone which is perhaps a little unfair considering how hard he tries - he just doesn't score enough.

Overall I want us leading the charge for 4th spot, beating teams like Everton and Villa, and being consistent throughout the season after a good start to the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

ziedth wrote: »
    In a word I would like to see some consistency,

id take that as long as it consistantly good and not bad or mediocre:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dmcevoy24

main hope id that we keep growing liathriodi under the guidance on arry

Advertisement