Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend music from Tv Show or Film

Options
  • 27-04-2009 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Had a quick search to see if there was a similar thread but didn't see one so here goes.

For years I've come across some great music from bands and artists I would otherwise never hear of while watching Tv Shows and Film. Some are just the odd song that I like while others will lead to enjoying the artist in general.

I'll start with just a couple of songs I've come across and really like:

Lifehouse - Everything: Heard this in an episode of Smallville. Great song which is quite mellow for 4 minutes before building for the last couple of minutes.

Lifehouse - Take Me Away (acoustic): Again heard this acoustic version of their song in Smallville. Far better than the studio version of the song.

Mat Kearney - All I Need: Heard this in an episode of NCIS (great show by the way). Give this a listen, he sounds uncannily like Chris Martin. Gave a few of his other songs a listen and he's very good.

Band of Horses - The Funeral: Heard it in an episode of Criminal Minds. Great guitars in this.

That'll do for now. I'll add more as I think of them. Anyone care to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The Italian Job (2003) soundtrack. Some great songs there and great fun to drive to.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

Srcubs have some great songs on the soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

I like the music in GossipGirl, it's pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

All the "Dollar" films have great scores by Ennio Morricone ("The Good The Bad and The Ugly ect).

Other films that spring to mind whose music I enjoyed are "Watership Down" and "Easy Rider".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

BSOM wrote: »
    Srcubs have some great songs on the soundtrack.

Heard a fantastic song in an episode of a re-run a while ago

Dashboard Confessional - Stolen

It's a different mix than the one they had on their album at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

Yeah, they really do have some great songs in there.

This one caught my intrest ages ago:

Colin Hay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtAma-2uK_Y

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Yeah colin did "Down Under" and "Overkill" in different episodes. Men at work are awesome. Ive been listening to some cheesy ****e lately, but they stand out for all the right reasons. Great stuff.

House - Massive attack- Teardrop [US Only!]

Hmm, cant think of any more ATM.

Supernatural has some good tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Just listening to it now -

Apocalyptica ft Adam Gontier - I Don't Care. Knew of the band Apocalyptica, Finnish trio who are all trained cellists. Adam Grontier of Three Days Grace features on guitar and vocals. Again heard this in Smallville.

Alex & Jake Parker - Almost Martyrs. This is a score from the movie Life of David Gale. Chilling where it's played in the movie.

Confidential - It Really Don't Matter. Brilliant hip-hop song featured in Romeo Must Die. If anyone can somehow manage to find an uncensored version of this song I'll give them my right arm. It's uncensored in the movie but censored on the soundtrack. The record company went bust and the song apparently never featured on any CD as far as my internet researching can find.

Advertisement