Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cults in Galway?

Options
  • 27-04-2009 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Just to say that some friends of mine while walking through town got persuaded to come onto a double decker bus where some ppl tried to persuade them to join there cult in exchange for their house and all their worldly possessions

Is there many of these cults floating around in galway? I thought they mostly kept to the capital

Comments

I wanna go on a double decker bus.Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Beware the oc-cult bus!

64024516_b473c060f6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Perrin wrote: »
    Just to say that some friends of mine while walking through town got persuaded to come onto a double decker bus where some ppl tried to persuade them to join there cult in exchange for their house and all their worldly possessions

I've come into some magic beans recently,bargain prices need to shift 'em fast like, your friends interested??
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Is there many of these cults floating around in galway? I thought they mostly kept to the capital

That was no cult, that was Anglo's 'Equity Release' task force.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The cult of ''Charcoal Grillius''?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

That was no cult, that was Anglo's 'Equity Release' task force.

haha...the recession has hit them badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

dmcg90 wrote: »

Kebab Housus Maximus, actually :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

If they want to take over the mortgage on my house they can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd love to join a cult for the craic. I'm bitterly disappointed I never get to run into any of the Jehovah or other religious nuts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Go for the free stress test in the Dianetics centre on abbey street, sorted.

• Advertisement

dmcg90 wrote: »

This the thousands of eejits in galway who believe that Charcoal is a good kebab shop and they aren't just as bad as kebab house pecause they've never had a good kebab in their lives.

No such thing as a good kebab in galway, Charcoal is fecking muck.

Give me Al Kebabish in Athlone or Isakanders in Dublin anyday over the chewy crap in a cheap pita pocket that passes for a kebab in this fecking town!

Besides that, me likes Galway.

A few weeks ago myself and my girlfriend were walking through Eyre Square. It was close to midnight and absolutely lashing. Right in the centre of the Square was around 20 black people with babies in prams shouting halelujah and praising Jesus, much to the amusement of other people.

If it's the bus I'm thinking of then you're friend is talking through their hole, it's been going around the country all year, from some small envagelical christian church, they offer free tea and coffee to people and wittness to them and give out litrature. They're a bit annoying but besides that they're harmless, a lot of old catholic women volunteer on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just to say that some friends of mine while walking through town got persuaded to come onto a double decker bus where some ppl tried to persuade them to join there cult
    Seaneh wrote: »
    a lot of old catholic women volunteer on the bus.

Father Dougal: God, Ted, I heard about those cults. Everyone dressing in black and saying our Lord's gonna come back and judge us all!

Father Ted: No... No, Dougal, that's us. That's Catholicism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Hmmm...Are you sure your friend is telling the truth? Sounds suspiciously likes porkys to me old boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Aye looks to be the case alrite but it did get me thinking if there is any cults setup in galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrgarvey

I think I'll start my own... it will be the cult of everybody who is against cults and fanatical indoctrinators. Damn aliens...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gmkgreaney

anyone remember the moonies cult, my mother used to threathen to send me off to them if i was bold:Dmoonie%20mass%20wedding_std.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

gmkgreaney wrote: »
    anyone remember the moonies cult, my mother used to threathen to send me off to them if i was bold:Dmoonie%20mass%20wedding_std.jpg

I bet whoever was organising that advertised wedding fair in the Clayton hotel recently must be drooling looking at this pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

There used to be, maybe still are some Moonies in the Corofin area in North Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

WTF is a Moonie?

TBH I reckon some people join a cult just to be part of a group/community ie. they have no friends/social skills/family etc

JohnCleary wrote: »
    WTF is a Moonie?

A follower of Derek Mooney.They are anarchists, they want to return to a primal state of existance.
    Hence their slogan 'Mooney Goes Wild'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    A follower of Derek Mooney.They are anarchists, they want to return to a primal state of existance.

Yourrrrr riiigghhhhttt!

http://audionetworks.org/famouspersonalities/derekmooney.jpg

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

bigeasyeah wrote: »

Yoooooooouuuuu wannna hear MOOOOOOOOOOOORE.............:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JohnCleary wrote: »
    WTF is a Moonie?

TBH I reckon some people join a cult just to be part of a group/community ie. they have no friends/social skills/family etc

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moonie+cult

Discussions like "are there any cults in Galway" rapidly descending into meaningless, because people have different ideas about what a "cult" is. Some people I know think that the Baptist church is a cult, others think it's totally mainstream. Etc.

JustMary wrote: »
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moonie+cult

Discussions like "are there any cults in Galway" rapidly descending into meaningless, because people have different ideas about what a "cult" is. Some people I know think that the Baptist church is a cult, others think it's totally mainstream. Etc.

If a discussion can enlighten people in some way,it will never be meaningless.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I offer eternal salvation or TRIPLE your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

was'nt/isn't there a wicca 'cult' in galway somewhere?
    i feel nervous using the word cult as i'm sure it's the wrong term to describe wiccan groups!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Were those people who tried to convince your friends dressed all in balck with a little white collar by any chance?.......:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 wickerman07

has anybody seen the guys that wear dark navy velvet flares, waistcoats, and hats??.....ive seen them loads of times walking down shop street but dunno what the story s.

Advertisement