Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are BTEA exceptional circumstances?

Options
  • 27-04-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

The BTEA booklet states that "If a person already holds a third level qualification, a BTEA application to pursue another third level qualification will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances"

Does anyone know what the "exceptional circumstances" are and has anyone ever applied for BTEA in exceptional circumstances?

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭magicwand

would be interested to know this also...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

"Exceptional Circumstances" are examined on a case-by-case basis, and thus have no exact definition unfortunately.

Examples that I have come across in the past include:

- long term unemployment (10 years+)
    - long time since last degree (10 years+)
    - persons who have become disability benefit recipients since last studying

Because each instance is examined on a case-by-case basis, it's hard to determine the success or lack thereof of each case.

PM me if you want to get into specifics.

Bob!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Ah thanks for that. Well I did my diploma 1991-1993 (many moons ago!). I think I'm eligible for VTOS (altho I ain't 100% sure about VTOS just yet).

Thanks for the info:D

Advertisement