Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biscuit recipe for children

• 27-04-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a good biscuit recipe for children- one that you can use shape cutters with? I have some nice recipes but you can't shape them- just roll them in a ball and they come out round and flat. My two love baking with me, and I recently bought some cool shape cutters. Chocolate chip if possible and also without self raising flour ( as I'm coeliac but I can substitute anything else).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

Probably you should try shortbread cookies instead?

Personally I like these:

455 g butter
    220 g brown sugar
    560 g all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.

Cream butter and brown sugar. Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well.

Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough. Roll to 1/2 inch thickness.

Cut out your shapes. Prick them with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
    Bake at 160 C) for 20-25 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Thanks Dreamc. I also found some recipes on www.annabelkarmel.com

Advertisement