Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Fortress2 360 popular?

• 27-04-2009 2:26pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, my little lad is always looking to play team fortress 2 on my gaming pc.
    Its by far his favourite game.
    He has a 360 so i was thinking of getting him the orange box for it but i wonder how popular it is online on the 360 before i buy orange box for him.
    Its a massive game on pc with thousands of full servers etc.
    Since its primarily TF2 he wants and its an online title i thought id ask here first.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

i've not played it much, but any time i have i've always found plenty of people online. you can pick up the orange box very cheaply now, and considering the other amazing games you get in it, it'd be worth the punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Going through my games at the weekend I decided to play the Orange box again. I played TF2 for a few hours at least.

I had no problems jumping into random games, ranked or otherwise, i was never sitting around a lobby waiting.

At one stage i did try to filter the type of game i wanted, 8 players, specific map etc and sometimes there would be no matches but otherwise it was fine.

Its worth getting, there's enough of a community out there on the 360 for it still.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers folks,ill grab him the orange box so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I decided to venture into TF2 online on the 360 this weekend, expecting it to be a barren wasteland, but I was very surprised to find a good few games being played.

Shouldn't be any problem getting a game, and everyone is generally enthusiastic about the game, so it will be a fun time (and hopefully a few achievements to boot!)

Still waiting for my Force-a-Nature scout rush :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

It is, much much much better on the PC, then again, it is alot better than the PS3 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

TF2 is one of my favorite games am always on. Never have a problem finding a game, even in the last hours/early morning. There is a lot of people cheating using noclip and infinite health which is a pain. Valve said there looking into bring the updates soon as said on 1apr 09 for the updates and to stop cheaters. Course there saying that nearly two years now.

Advertisement