Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleted images, very important if anyone can give me a recommendation, please read

• 27-04-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

I never thought this would happen but luckily just in the past few days.

In the last couple of weeks I had a problem with my laptop, thanfully I retrieved all the files and shared them between both my desktop and an external harddrive. This is all good, however to create space on the harddrive I did delte some old files I thought I would never use again. One set of files being original boxing shots from last October. I kept all the perfect edited ones but deleted the imperfect ones.

Unfortunately at the terrible accident on the weekend in Lucan village one of the young fighters died, now I have a fair few edited shots but I would like to be able to supply his family with all the shots, even the ones I delted in the last week, I have just heard this news today so have been searching the hard drive.

I know there are programs to regain lost files and would love if someone could help me out with naming one or two. This was never a paying job so I didnt put huge emphasis on saving them all. Obviously had this accident not happened I never would have needed the files again but it would be such a pity if there was one or two there and I never tried to retrieve it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Hi,

A friend had 100% success with this recently. He had deleted pics on a CF card - but I see the software also works for a HD. http://twitter.com/fortunephotos/status/1574424680

Try and avoid making any writes to that HD in the mean time so that the 'free space' containing your undeleted pics isn't further corrupted.

I've finally started backing up my pics to DVD and found this more than helpful:
    http://hcidesign.com/dvdspan/manual.html
    Just drag a tonne of files into one window, choose an ordering and it'll help start spitting out DVD's - just small amount of hitting OK to this and that to keep them churning out.

Hope the first one above is of help. Perhaps evaluate it somewhere first to ensure it will give you a good result. (attempting the un-delete with a poor piece of software could lead to definite loss of the pics)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

There is a program called Easy Recovery Pro. I used it a couple of years ago to recover a formated disk. Should do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

You could also try: http://barkerphotographic.ie/photorescue-download.htm designed for Pics, but not too sure if it works on hard drives - should though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Ive used that easy recovery pro too works great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Had a corrupt CF card from the weekend. It was not being recognised when mounted though it could be viewed.

It appeared there was nothing on it and I tried the usual resources including Recuva.

Neither of the folders appeared to exist and the only files being recovered were over 12 months old.

I then installed SanDisk Rescue Pro and it found over 350 images and recovered them.

Thumbs up for this utility that came free with a few Sandisk CF cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I don't know whether reading this thread was a kick in the teeth as a reminder or just bad luck. After reading this I got to work on a clients pc over vpn on the far side of the country. There was I working happily away. When I was nearly done I deleted the files I was finished with - as well as my clients most of my clients documents :eek: which were in an adjacent folder :eek::eek:. It was a quick case of oh wtf and get the finger out to software that I have sworn by for years - it now works on server 2003 based on a virtual machine :D.

So if you want to use this it works and works great :D
    Its called REST2154 andcan be found here http://ww9.masteroutlet.com:999/GeneRoman/docs/Sum2.htm

along with some other great software.

Good luck

Advertisement