Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise Margin gone up?

Options
  • 27-04-2009 2:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

My stupid new neighbour is getting a line installed and i'm freaked out this will interfere with my own broadband! :mad:

Just checking my stats and downstream noise margin has gone UP :mad: from 13.5 to 18.5....what does this mean? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

My stupid new neighbour is getting a line installed and i'm freaked out this will interfere with my own broadband! :mad:

Just checking my stats and downstream noise margin has gone UP :mad: from 13.5 to 18.5....what does this mean? :(

18 is better than 13. You have nothing to worry about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

K thanks, i'll keep an eye o it (sweatin bullets).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

It means either your line is syncing at a lower speed for some reason (burst of noise that has since cleared), or your line conditions have improved by 5db (a considerable jump).

Has your sync speed changed? If not - happy days, eircom may have found a problem (corrosion or something) on your line while installing his and fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

It will be another tiny slice out of the contention cake though

Advertisement