Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3d Visualisations for planning applications

• 27-04-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

HI all, im a qualified building surveyor and i have a quick qeury regarding 3d visualisations for planning applications.
    I know 3d "photos" are not required by planning fo say one off houses and the like but i was wondering if people in the business of compiling applications what they think of submitting 3d photographic visualisations of the dwelling.

1. Do you think it would be advantageous to your application?
    2. Do you currently submit 3d visualisations with your applications?

Any other views or suggestions? if so feel free to add!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

It can be advantageous - we do it sometimes - case by case basis

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

generally only done 'on demand' of planning authority, but can be done on request from client...

it is beneficial if the building envelope is not 'standard' and 2d drawings do not translate the form of the building...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Funch o' Bucks

Cheers for the quick replies lads.

Sinnerboy.... i was wondering do you do the 3d's in-house or sub them out to another firm?

I agree with both your posts, as both you suggest its not the norm but can be beneficial in certain circumstances.
    Basically, i can do these 3d visualisations and they look quite realistic when rendered and touched up in photoshop, so before i start offering my services to architects and surveyors i just wanted to know of other peoples thoughts.

Perhaps there isn't a great demand for this.. so wont be giving up the day job... but would be a nice little side earner???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Cheers for the quick replies lads.

Basically, i can do these 3d visualisations and they look quite realistic when rendered and touched up in photoshop, so before i start offering my services to architects and surveyors i just wanted to know of other peoples thoughts.

We got this done because it was going to Bord Pleanala, honestly I don't know it a made a damn bit of difference - we just covered as many of the bases as we could - and it worked.

Actually what we did was get photos of the site, then inserted the 3D image into the photos (all done by a professional CAD and photoshop guy - a former colleague), our architect was impressed anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 liam300tm

simple downloads like google sketch up can produce super images with a little practice.

can't see people paying extra for it unless its actually requested from a CoCo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Revit is also very good.

Advertisement