Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a sat nav in Limerick??

Options
  • 27-04-2009 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good place to buy a sat nav in Limerick? One that isn't too expensive but works well? There are so many places selling them now, that it is a bit bewildering and difficult to tell if an offer is a bargain or not. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

If not online then halfords seem to have a decent selection at OK prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ebay is your best bet.

I have had the basic model for a few years now and very happy with it and this is from somebody who always has to have the newest gadgets.

Tom Tom One V1 is what I have.

Here is one on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/TOMTOM-GO-ONE-V3-V7-MAPSHARE-GPS-SAT-NAV-TOM-TOM-1_W0QQitemZ360148683527QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems?hash=item360148683527&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Good Price with the NEWEST MAPS. Beware of models sold in Harvery Norman, Halfords, Currys etc etc because the older the stock is the older the map version is.

You can spend less and get an inferior model of Sat Nav, slow sluggish etc but the Tom Tom and Garmin are the best models out there(open to criticism).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Nice one. That one on ebay looks very good, only about 99euro it works out at. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

BTW,

Dont get confused by having Voice activation, MP3 players, audio book reading abilities and other jibberish a Sat Nav does not really need to have.

OR remote controls. How short are these peoples arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you know someone going to the North or mainland UK then get them to pick one up for you as you will save a bundle. I did that and got someone to get me one in Halfords in Derry, saved about €50 over the price of the exact same model in Halfords down here.

Recommend you stick to the main players - Garmin or Tom Tom, their maps are the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

U can get them in FSV at the top of william street/start of Mulgrave street rite next door to Gleeson sports shop. The TOM TOM ones start at €149 and come with a 2 year free map updates...so well worth the money as new maps cost 49 a go...think its 4 new maps a yrs...they also sell garmin and binatone..ask for Tony in there and mention I sent u in probably get u a discount..

Regards,
    Steven Hanley..

Advertisement