Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance

Options
  • 27-04-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Can I simply ring up my current house insurance company, cancel the policy and take out a new policy?

My current house insurance policy was renewed in Jan 09. At the time I couldnt "shop around". Now that I do shop around I find that I am paying way over the odds...

Please advise...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Should be no problem, give them a call. worst case scenario tell them you are moving house

You will need to have any mortgage company's interest registered on your new policy - just a matter of mentioning it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

If you've paid the annual premium in January and cancel mid-year, your existing insurance company must give you a propertionate refund of the unused portion. They usually round this to the nearest month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

No problem to do so. Just make sure you get confirmation the new one is in place before you cancel the current one

Advertisement