Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO over Dublin

Options
  • 27-04-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭

So all ye dubs...a report was on 2FM this morning that the Garda chopper was chasing 3 bright lights over Dublin last night..or so my mate tells me.

Anyone else hear this report and what the story is?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sry...could have sworn I was in the Dub forum..must have gone back to AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Listened to it briefly. Some astronomer was on saying they were probably chinese lanterns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Listened to it briefly. Some astronomer was on saying they were probably chinese lanterns

or a cover up...

nazi aliens...

the 3 Reich STRIKES AGAIN !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

40% VRT on UFO's entering the state. The Gardai are cracking down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

clown bag wrote: »
    40% VRT on UFO's entering the state. The Gardai are cracking down.

Well they're not up there now, I guess they're on strike :P

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

Haha, I'm laughing my pants off here.

My sister phoned me today to tell me about the news.... I supply the lanterns and I gave my sister a few for her sons christening to see what reaction they get from friends and family. I never once thought that the Garda would be out chasing them down in the chopper! LMAO.

I think I better give Gerry Ryan a call!! lol

Jesus, i never thought they would have such an effect on people in Dublin.... From what my sister tells me it was like people were panicing thinking Dublin had been invaded... haha

They were only suppose to light for 15 minutes but they managed to stay lighting for enought time to get from Baldoyle all the way to Dubdrum, some as far as Tallagh saw them.. Im in shock here! There was only 6 set off, can you imagine if she had set off the 50 I gave her... Pandamonium!!

LMAO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Haha, I'm laughing my pants off here.

My sister phoned me today to tell me about the news.... I supply the lanterns and I gave my sister a few for her sons christening to see what reaction they get from friends and family. I never once thought that the Garda would be out chasing them down in the chopper! LMAO.

I think I better give Gerry Ryan a call!! lol

Jesus, i never thought they would have such an effect on people in Dublin.... From what my sister tells me it was like people were panicing thinking Dublin had been invaded... haha

They were only suppose to light for 15 minutes but they managed to stay lighting for enought time to get from Baldoyle all the way to Dubdrum, some as far as Tallagh saw them.. Im in shock here! There was only 6 set off, can you imagine if she had set off the 50 I gave her... Pandamonium!!

LMAO!!!

How high can they go? Wouldnt like to think of a plane coming into contact with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

How high can they go? Wouldnt like to think of a plane coming into contact with them

:rolleyes: There's always one trying to be sensible.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

We used to make our own ones with black sacks, a coat hanger and a bit of fire-lighter.

• Advertisement

Some can go up to 1000ft as far as I know. There is one I do called the Flying Tent, its 5ft wide and 5ft high, I think it can go about 1500 feet if not highter. Can you imagine if I set that whopper off over Dublin, would have the control tower at DA trying to contact it after seeing it on the radar lol

They normally burn out after 15 or so minutes, but I think the winds must have been a little strong the other night for them to go so far over Dublin.

dlofnep wrote: »
    We used to make our own ones with black sacks, a coat hanger and a bit of fire-lighter.

Wow, I can see it now! A flaming black bag falling from the sky onto the tatch roof cottage LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Wow, I can see it now! A flaming black bag falling from the sky onto the tatch roof cottage LOL

We followed one for about half an hour and it just fell out of the sky - the way you make it stops it from lighting the bag on fire :P

We followed one for about half an hour and it just fell out of the sky - the way you make it stops it from lighting the bag on fire :P

This might interest you a bit http://blog.skylighter.com/fireworks/2008/11/how-to-make-chinese-sky-lanterns.html It shows how to make a sky lantern.

I remember when I was about 12 or 13 myself and a friend of mine made one with a dunnes stores bag and a firelighter.. It flew for about 15 or 20 seconds then went up in flames and dropped into the sea..... Lucky for us it didnt fly the other way or Graingers pub may have been re-decorated prety quickly.. Mainly black! lol

Advertisement