Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore: Best Band Ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Bubs101 wrote: »
    They are not that bad. People are making them out to be Daphne and Celeste or something. Their songs may be poppy and some of them are bad but Misery business is great and your one can at least sing and the band knows how to structure a song so they are not shocking.

Just because they are fashionable to hate doesn't mean you have to

No were just saying they are ****ing ****e.

MooseJam wrote: »
    best metal band currently on the circuit

Em if thats a joke its quite bad

AND

If your serious you have not got a clue about metal.

Paramore are POP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

kona wrote: »

Paramore are POP.

Pop as in 'popular', you mean? yeah, I'd say they're quite popular, alright.

They're not pop in the Westlife sense of the word, though, surely? I mean, they're biggest influence is U2 apparently, so I'd say they're pop-rock or pop-punk.(Pop as melodious, catchy, etc).

I agree with the chap saying they're not exactly Daphne and Celeste. They write their own songs, play their own instruments...I guess their not credible enough though because they're too popular and their entire fanbase are emo girls...:rolleyes:

The elitism in metal really pisses me off sometimes...

Acacia wrote: »
    Pop as in 'popular', you mean? yeah, I'd say they're quite popular, alright.

They're not pop in the Westlife sense of the word, though, surely? I mean, they're biggest influence is U2 apparently, so I'd say they're pop-rock or pop-punk.(Pop as melodious, catchy, etc).

I agree with the chap saying they're not exactly Daphne and Celeste. They write their own songs, play their own instruments...I guess their not credible enough though because they're too popular and their entire fanbase are emo girls...:rolleyes:

The elitism in metal really pisses me off sometimes...

Nope nothing elitist, they are not METAL, as many sub genres metal has they DONT fall into any.
    How the **** can a metal bands BIGGEST influence be U2??
    U2=Rock,

POP is POP, ie. westlife, PARAMORE, Pink, Britney, the gaga one . There are plenty of talented pop artists who write and play their own songs.

PARAMORE aint METAL.

how the **** can cannibal corpse and Paramore be refered to under the same heading??
    Bands like Poison and Ratt pushed it in the 80s But my god paramore make them look like norwegic satanic black darkness whetever scary name you want to call it...METAL.

Their fanbase has nothing to do with it, my girlfriend likes them, and fallout boy but shes into everything.

Can I not call a band ****e and NOT be labelled elitist?? People dont like my taste in bands, I dont give a ****., neither do i shout elitist(well I do but thats reserved for special cases, usually in fibbers)

Nope nothing elitist, they are not METAL, as many sub genres metal has they DONT fall into any.
    How the **** can a metal bands BIGGEST influence be U2??
    U2=Rock,

POP is POP, ie. westlife, PARAMORE, Pink, Britney, the gaga one . There are plenty of talented pop artists who write and play their own songs.

PARAMORE aint METAL.

how the **** can cannibal corpse and Paramore be refered to under the same heading??
    Bands like Poison and Ratt pushed it in the 80s But my god paramore make them look like norwegic satanic black darkness whetever scary name you want to call it...METAL.

Their fanbase has nothing to do with it, my girlfriend likes them, and fallout boy but shes into everything.

Can I not call a band ****e and NOT be labelled elitist?? People dont like my taste in bands, I dont give a ****., neither do i shout elitist(well I do but thats reserved for special cases, usually in fibbers)

But I never said they were metal, just said they weren't pop, but pop-rock or pop-punk. I don't see how they're in anyway like Lady gaga or Britney Spears, though. With the exception of Lady Gaga (who sounds nothing like Paramore) none of the bands you mentioned write or play their own music.

I don't give a crap if somebody doesn't like a band I like- it's clear when people hate something just because it's popular, and it seems to be the case on this thread (not you in particular). Which seems like elitism to me.

On this thread it seems like the fanbase has everything to do with it ( people doing the usual ranting about emos).

Yeah, they're not metal, but they are rock (or sub-category of rock), that was my point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Paramore are a rock band, and a pretty good one too, better than most of the bands talked about in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Paramore are a rock band, and a pretty good one too, better than most of the bands talked about in this forum.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!

please elaborate and include examples in your conclusion:D

But I never said they were metal, just said they weren't pop, but pop-rock or pop-punk. I don't see how they're in anyway like Lady gaga or Britney Spears, though. With the exception of Lady Gaga (who sounds nothing like Paramore) none of the bands you mentioned write or play their own music.

I don't give a crap if somebody doesn't like a band I like- it's clear when people hate something just because it's popular, and it seems to be the case on this thread (not you in particular). Which seems like elitism to me.

On this thread it seems like the fanbase has everything to do with it ( people doing the usual ranting about emos).

Yeah, they're not metal, but they are rock (or sub-category of rock), that was my point.

IMO paramore leans more towards POP and the Indie end of rock than metal. Fair play to them they are doing well, i dont like their tunes but loads do.

I agree about the elitism in metal, and it only seems to be on thhis little island of ours, Lots of metal "fans" seem to see it as a closed shop and now that its starting to move mainstream again they cant handle it.
    The amount of these pricks is frightening, especially at metallica gigs, my god, if looks could kill:D the looks they gave some of the people not dressed in denim and black:pac:
    The fibbers and bruxelles thread is a good example of this, "fibbers is full of Emos and kids":D:D wasnt last saturday:P.

Each to their own, in fairnes the metal stereotype has kinda shifted from being a zombie/monster/freak/satanic worshipper to being a EMO, personally I prefer the Emo stereotype.(I hang around with lots of non metal heads, you get this when your out in non metal clubs(terrible BTW))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

No were just saying they are ****ing ****e.

quote of the week :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

IMO paramore leans more towards POP and the Indie end of rock than metal. Fair play to them they are doing well, i dont like their tunes but loads do.

What would you classify as indie?

Undergod wrote: »
    What would you classify as indie?

I never said they were indie, i said they learn towards indie, Id guess alot of their fan base would listen to the likes of kings of leon,arctic monkeys and franz ferdinand before GnR or Iron maiden.

Now what indie do you want me to classify?? The marketed way the therm indie is used or true independant bands?

Totally different to the common perception of grandad cardigans and poncy sunglasses, Motley Crue are indie as they are Independant and own the rights to their material, they couldnt be further from kings of leon.

Kigs of leon are termed indie but are signed to a label that isnt their own and the band doesnt own its own material so depends on what way you define it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I never said they were indie, i said they learn towards indie, Id guess alot of their fan base would listen to the likes of kings of leon,arctic monkeys and franz ferdinand before GnR or Iron maiden.

Wait what:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I don't know why there's such a debate over their genre. They're pop-rock, I thought that would have been fairly obvious to anyone from the getgo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Now what indie do you want me to classify?? The marketed way the therm indie is used or true independant bands?

Totally different to the common perception of grandad cardigans and poncy sunglasses, Motley Crue are indie as they are Independant and own the rights to their material, they couldnt be further from kings of leon.

Kigs of leon are termed indie but are signed to a label that isnt their own and the band doesnt own its own material so depends on what way you define it.

A far better answer than I expected. Fair enough. Keep up the good work :D

I agree about the elitism in metal, and it only seems to be on thhis little island of ours, Lots of metal "fans" seem to see it as a closed shop and now that its starting to move mainstream again they cant handle it.
    The amount of these pricks is frightening, especially at metallica gigs, my god, if looks could kill:D the looks they gave some of the people not dressed in denim and black:pac:
    The fibbers and bruxelles thread is a good example of this, "fibbers is full of Emos and kids":D:D wasnt last saturday:P.

Each to their own, in fairnes the metal stereotype has kinda shifted from being a zombie/monster/freak/satanic worshipper to being a EMO, personally I prefer the Emo stereotype.(I hang around with lots of non metal heads, you get this when your out in non metal clubs(terrible BTW))

Well, at least we agree about the elitism thing.:D Though I don't think it's unique to Ireland, in fairness.

Yeah, I don't understand the hatred towards Fibbers or that it's ''full of emos'' ( not that it would bother me if there were loads of emos there, but in all honesty, I've never seen one there.)

Well, trends in metal change all the time, and some people just can't handle that especially if it's popular with the young'uns! Of course they forget they were probably 13, 14, 15 when they got into rock and metal themselves!

I remember all the older 'troo' metalheads giving me and my friends grief because we liked ''that nu-metal sh1te'' about ten years ago. Now it's "that emo sh1te".:pac:

I like what I like regardless of genre, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 evekat11

Everyone has their own opinions on music. Shouldn't be up to you to decide whats good or not. Personally I think there a breath of fresh air. There hasn't been a half decent pop punk band since hole. And if metallica is your thing - seriouslu there metal paramore arent :P
    Her voice is savage. I sing a weekends and i know for a fact that her range is HUGE! there songs are catchy feel good.
    As for their celebrity status - good for them! there also making fans aware of their favourite bands, bands that have been around for a hell of a long time with not half as much success ie Jimmy Eat World, New Found Glory etc. There not fame hungry - there very genuine music driven people.
    You knew in your heart it was pisstake when you read the title. If you didn't you should probably go drink some bleach, or something. :pac:

Why is there such a ****storm made over this band? I've encountered literally tens of hundreds of Bebo groups dedicated to the band or Hayley Williams alone, it's ridiculous. I like a couple of their songs of their last release but beyond that they're mediocre. Her voice isn't memorable, as is the case with the rest of their music yet their celebrity status is heightened to that of Metallica during the late 1980s - early 1990s, maybe even moreso, which is a frightening thought in itself.

evekat11 wrote: »
    Everyone has their own opinions on music. Shouldn't be up to you to decide whats good or not. Personally I think there a breath of fresh air. There hasn't been a half decent pop punk band since hole. And if metallica is your thing - seriouslu there metal paramore arent :P
    Her voice is savage. I sing a weekends and i know for a fact that her range is HUGE! there songs are catchy feel good.
    As for their celebrity status - good for them! there also making fans aware of their favourite bands, bands that have been around for a hell of a long time with not half as much success ie Jimmy Eat World, New Found Glory etc. There not fame hungry - there very genuine music driven people.

are you deaf and blind?:confused: They are ****e. If Its not up to me to judge whats good and bad, how would I develop a taste in music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

in your opinion they are sh1te, however in the opinion of millions they are fantastic so I think we can rule your opinion out as meaningless

are you deaf and blind?:confused: They are ****e. If Its not up to me to judge whats good and bad, how would I develop a taste in music?

They don't appeal to my taste therefore anyone who does like them= deaf and blind.

Great logic there.

• Advertisement

in your opinion they are sh1te, however in the opinion of millions they are fantastic so I think we can rule your opinion out as meaningless

In the 80s millions of women believed that george michael was straight
    In the 70s millions of women believed that freddie mercury was straight
    In the 80s millions believed that Rob Halford was straight.

Present day:
    Millions believe 9/11 was faked:rolleyes:
    Millions believe man did not land on the moon
    Millions believe in flying saucers
    Millions believe liverpool are the best team in the world
    Millions believed britney spears was a virgin
    Millions believe Lady GaGa is attractiv

I believed that george michael was Gay
    I believed that freddie mercury was Gay
    I believed that Rob Halford was Gay.

Present day:
    I believe 9/11 was real
    I believe man did land on the moon
    I dont believe in flying saucers
    I believe liverpool are not the best team in the world
    I believed britney spears wasnt a virgin
    I believe Lady GaGa is a male.

I believe Paramore suck

On the basis of that evidence I cn safley conclude, well to myself that your opinion is indeed ****e:rolleyes:

I take pity on people that follow the opinion of the "millions" instead of using their own brain

They don't appeal to my taste therefore anyone who does like them= deaf and blind.

Great logic there.

No they are ****e. Now what type of ****e is up to the listener.

Your deaf and blind refers to why the poster thought they were good.

Its like hitting a parked car and saying you didnt see it:rolleyes::pac:

No they are ****e. Now what type of ****e is up to the listener.

Your deaf and blind refers to why the poster thought they were good.

Its like hitting a parked car and saying you didnt see it:rolleyes::pac:

That makes absolutely no sense. Neither does comparing a fact like George Michael being gay, to a personal view / taste about a certain band.

I don't think they're ****e, neither do thousands of fans- you do.

That doesn't mean they're not good- you just happen to not like them.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but am using 'my own brain'- I don't like Paramore because they're popular, I like their music.

Frankly, if I was going by what other people think- going by this thread- it would be more popular to hate them.

I didn't know you needed sight to listen to music:rolleyes:
    I will listen to any type of music, you are totally forcing your opinion of music on people, who are you to judge.
    Normal people who have done their research into the band admire them not just because the singer has "cool red hair" or gets on the covers of Kerang. This band released their first album when the lead singer was 16! What were you doing at 16? They were also on the warped tour, dude this band are inspiring to anyone wanting to do what they are doing. And if you think were all losers cause we like Paramores music - so be it.
    I think your the loser though.
    Your opinion is right and everyone else is wrong :rolleyes::rolleyes::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Music is completely and utterly subjective and depends on the listener... That's not my opinion, that's just the way it is. You can't claim that a band is **** full stop, cause if that were the case then everyone would hate them, but it's not the case and not everyone does, the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

This thread really does baffle me, if you hate a band so much then why is it that you feel you need to talk about them...

1.Paramore are NOT pop. They arent on flaunt or any of those type of channels. There not being played spin south west or any of those pop radio stations. They are POP ROCK, therefore they still have a place in the ROCK/metal forum.

2.Paramore write catchy hook filled songs with a rock edge that still have simple pop melodies. They also have the image thats "down with the kids" and a female singer which broadens there fan base. Plus the fact that shes smokin hott will get guys into the band. The fact that there CD has gone platinum in days of downloading and piracy proves somthing aswell(and yes i know that a load of "crap" pop bands have gone platinum but you dont see many rock orientated bands doing that these days).

End of the day you can say that you dont like them, but from a songwriting point of view and from a commercial view you cant say that the band are crap. Plus you might complain that its turning a load o people into "emos" but you gotta think that theres going to be a certain amount that will be turned onto "proper" metal from there on.

Music is completely and utterly subjective and depends on the listener... That's not my opinion, that's just the way it is. You can't claim that a band is **** full stop, cause if that were the case then everyone would hate them, but it's not the case and not everyone does, the end.

Finally - someone who isn't totally rude and doesn't talk pure crap

Dark Artist, thank you.:D

Patricide wrote: »
    This thread really does baffle me, if you hate a band so much then why is it that you feel you need to talk about them...

1.Paramore are NOT pop. They arent on flaunt or any of those type of channels. There not being played spin south west or any of those pop radio stations. They are POP ROCK, therefore they still have a place in the ROCK/metal forum.

2.Paramore write catchy hook filled songs with a rock edge that still have simple pop melodies. They also have the image thats "down with the kids" and a female singer which broadens there fan base. Plus the fact that shes smokin hott will get guys into the band. The fact that there CD has gone platinum in days of downloading and piracy proves somthing aswell(and yes i know that a load of "crap" pop bands have gone platinum but you dont see many rock orientated bands doing that these days).

End of the day you can say that you dont like them, but from a songwriting point of view and from a commercial view you cant say that the band are crap. Plus you might complain that its turning a load o people into "emos" but you gotta think that theres going to be a certain amount that will be turned onto "proper" metal from there on.

But like in my opinion they're sh1te, therefore they are. I won't listen to any of your so-called logic- I am the supreme authority on good music! :rolleyes: :pac::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

But like in my opinion they're sh1te, therefore they are. I won't listen to any of your so-called logic- I am the supreme authority on good music! :rolleyes: :pac::p
    Im not saying im a grand authority on music, but thinking logicly though, noone can deffinitavly say a band is good or ****. You can say that in your opinion that there ****, but you cant outright say that there ****. Its as simple as that.

• Advertisement

Patricide wrote: »
    Im not saying im a grand authority on music, but thinking logicly though, noone can deffinitavly say a band is good or ****. You can say that in your opinion that there ****, but you cant outright say that there ****. Its as simple as that.

Oh no I agree- I was just joking around with the view kona is expressing.

Ah, I fail at sarcasm on the internet...:(

Advertisement