Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramore: Best Band Ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Acacia wrote: »
    Oh no I agree- I was just joking around with the view kona is expressing.

Ah, I fail at sarcasm on the internet...:(
    haha, everyone fails at sarcasam at the internet, damm typing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I have to say that I think Paramore are actually prettty decent. I brought my younger sister to see them last year in Dublin and they put on a hell of a show. The singer had very impressive command of the stage and the crowd. One of the best frontpersons I've ever seen - and I've seen quite a few bands at this stage. I was really very surprised by how good they were live.
    Sure they aren't my usual metal but I can appreciate a band that are very good at what they do. They earned my respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Well they certainly are not a metal band!

Ah Paramore are grand. Sure they sparked a fresh wave of female fronted pop punk bands but that happens in every genre.

They have well structured well written parts and for the most part are a catchy band. Fair play to them. Williams is only 21 or something too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 evekat11

Demeyes wrote: »
    I have to say that I think Paramore are actually prettty decent. I brought my younger sister to see them last year in Dublin and they put on a hell of a show. The singer had very impressive command of the stage and the crowd. One of the best frontpersons I've ever seen - and I've seen quite a few bands at this stage. I was really very surprised by how good they were live.
    Sure they aren't my usual metal but I can appreciate a band that are very good at what they do. They earned my respect.

Yeah another nice open minded person. Totally agree
    And to the guy who actually posted this thread, why is it in the metal section anyway!?:confused: Doh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

paramore bast band ever??? no way!

Thats a insult to the other bands ho have accomplished somthing over the cours of a career and have proved they are not just a trend. If you want to argue that they are the best bands ever, lets see where they are in 5 albums time:rolleyes:

Im not forcing my opinion on anybody, I said they were ****. Im entitled to say that, just as much as others can say that they are good:p

What I havnt done is harp on about how good they are and why they are and how fantastic they are.

If you think these clowns are they best band ever or are the saviours of rock and roll, Im sorry I reckon your deluded.

They are the same type as the jonas brothers etc....

The only thing these clowns have achieved is take the stereotype of a rocker from satanic to being a depressed sap who listens to moany songs about how they lost their girl to another dude.

screw that Id rather listen to songs about drugs, sex and rock and roll:pac:

paramore make poison look like fecking venom:eek:

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »

Thats a insult to the other bands ho have accomplished somthing over the cours of a career and have proved they are not just a trend. If you want to argue that they are the best bands ever, lets see where they are in 5 albums time:rolleyes:

Im not forcing my opinion on anybody, I said they were ****. Im entitled to say that, just as much as others can say that they are good:p

What I havnt done is harp on about how good they are and why they are and how fantastic they are.

If you think these clowns are they best band ever or are the saviours of rock and roll, Im sorry I reckon your deluded.

The only thing these clowns have achieved is take the stereotype of a rocker from satanic to being a depressed sap who listens to moany songs about how they lost their girl to another dude.

screw that Id rather listen to songs about drugs, sex and rock and roll:pac:

paramore make poison look like fecking venom:eek:
    I dont think anyone here is saying that there the best band around or that there the "saviours of rock and roll", were(well I anyway) just saying that we feel that there better(as a band from a songwriting/live point of view) than a lot of people will give them credit for just because there music isnt there cup of tea.

I also think that the starting of this thread in itself is pretty pointless. I mean a LOT of bands irratate the hell out of me but you dont see me starting threads left right and centre, for 2 main reasons. 1) I dont usually talk about things that I have no interest in, and 2) that all these threads ever do is start bickering in between people.

Patricide wrote: »
    I dont think anyone here is saying that there the best band around or that there the "saviours of rock and roll", were(well I anyway) just saying that we feel that there better(as a band from a songwriting/live point of view) than a lot of people will give them credit for just because there music isnt there cup of tea.

I also think that the starting of this thread in itself is pretty pointless. I mean a LOT of bands irratate the hell out of me but you dont see me starting threads left right and centre, for 2 main reasons. 1) I dont usually talk about things that I have no interest in, and 2) that all these threads ever do is start bickering in between people.

the title of the thread is.....wait for it.....paramore, greatest band ever:rolleyes: i thought i picked up a comment alluding that they were good for modern rock or somthing?

they are good for what they do, but it brings me back to,

they are ****, now what type of **** they are i dont know.

**** being pop music.

the title of the thread is.....wait for it.....paramore, greatest band ever:rolleyes: i thought i picked up a comment alluding that they were good for modern rock or somthing?

**** being pop music.
    I take it you havent read the first post then? You know where twighlightning says

"You knew in your heart it was pisstake when you read the title"

Plus yes you believe there ****, YOU think there ****, that doesnt mean there ****. I mean i can understand you saying. "I think paramore are the ****tiest band on the plannet" or "in my opinion they deserve to go fall off a cliff"

Patricide wrote: »
    I take it you havent read the first post then? You know where twighlightning says

"You knew in your heart it was pisstake when you read the title"

Plus yes you believe there ****, YOU think there ****, that doesnt mean there ****. I mean i can understand you saying. "I think paramore are the ****tiest band on the plannet" or "in my opinion they deserve to go fall off a cliff"

dont you understand that everything in a discussion is a matter of opinon, why should i declare this after every sentance?, I assume its a known fact, especially as regards to somthing as diverse as music:rolleyes:

as regards to a pisstake, the word it i believe refers to the quality of paramores musical talents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

In your opinion.

[/quote=kona;60366746]
    [/quote]

They've accomplished plenty already- two very successful albums and the lead singer's only twenty. She's the same age as me, then and has accomplished more than most people have done in a lifetime.

Do they have a certain number of albums before they're credible?

But a few lines down from this you're calling people 'deluded' for liking them or defending them. :rolleyes:

Neither have most people here- most posters have said they're indeed not metal, maybe not they're cup of tea but gave credit where credit's due- they're successful for a reason.
    [/quote=kona;60366746]

[/quote]

So much for being entitled to an opinion.

And I don't think anyone here has said they were the savious of rock and roll.

No, they're not. Tell me, have you ever actually listened to Paramore? Do know anything about how they formed, their band history?

Or are they just fun to bash because- OMG!1:eek:- they're popular? :rolleyes:

Yeah, because no other band ever in the history of rock as written a song about being heart-broken...:rolleyes:

I mean, how dare they take away rock's bad-ass Satanic image like that? It's not like any other rock band has written a ballad about a girl.

screw that Id rather listen to songs about drugs, sex and rock and roll

Great, good for you. That doesn't mean everything you don't like is unquestionably 'sh1te' or people are deaf or deluded for liking it.

• Advertisement

**** being pop music.

Why does pop music= sh1t? The Beatles were pop, y'know.
    dont you understand that everything in a discussion is a matter of opinon, why should i declare this after every sentance?, I assume its a known fact, especially as regards to somthing as diverse as music:rolleyes:

as regards to a pisstake, the word it i believe refers to the quality of paramores musical talents.

But you keep stating they're sh1t, like it's a fact rather than an opinion. And saying people are deaf and deluded for liking them doesn't help much, either.

In your opinion.

They've accomplished plenty already- two very successful albums and the lead singer's only twenty. She's the same age as me, then and has accomplished more than most people have done in a lifetime.

Do they have a certain number of albums before they're credible?

But a few lines down from this you're calling people 'deluded' for liking them or defending them. :rolleyes:

Neither have most people here- most posters have said they're indeed not metal, maybe not they're cup of tea but gave credit where credit's due- they're successful for a reason.

So much for being entitled to an opinion.

And I don't think anyone here has said they were the savious of rock and roll.

No, they're not. Tell me, have you ever actually listened to Paramore? Do know anything about how they formed, their band history?

Or are they just fun to bash because- OMG!1:eek:- they're popular? :rolleyes:

Yeah, because no other band ever in the history of rock as written a song about being heart-broken...:rolleyes:

I mean, how dare they take away rock's bad-ass Satanic image like that? It's not like any other rock band has written a ballad about a girl.

Great, good for you. That doesn't mean everything you don't like is unquestionably 'sh1te' or people are deaf or deluded for liking it.

please refer to my previous post.

what exactley are you trying to accomplish by continuing with a argument against my opinion,

godforbid being a hypocrit and trying to change my opinion.

At the end of the day my opinion is as valid as yours, and as regards to metal, since the thread is in a section predominantley metal, I reckon its aimed at what metal fans think of them, and the majority ive found agree that they are crap.

If you want everybody to say they are great go post this in pop or indie, as these sub forums will have more paramore fans in them.

Since a disclaimer is needed after every post I make id like to state that Im making a opinion:rolleyes:

Why does pop music= sh1t? The Beatles were pop, y'know.

But you keep stating they're sh1t, like it's a fact rather than an opinion. And saying people are deaf and deluded for liking them doesn't help much, either.

HERES A SHOCKER I THINK THE BEATLES SUCK !!!

OH YES I SAID IT.

I ALSO THINK ACDC ARE OVERRATED AND EXTREMELY ONE DIMENSIONAL:eek::eek:

Ive opinions! that i formed myself!

Cracking read. Please, go on.

how do you say sombody is **** like its a fact rather than opinion?.....is it in a french accent or perhaps a polish one:pac:

But you have to remember its a opinion:rolleyes:

Saying sombody is deaf and deluded, is the same as calling sombody a emo becasue they like them:o

again IMO(im tired, Im gunna abreviate) They are deaf and deluded, because again IMO they are **** and their image is all gay and sissy. But that goes with having a female lead singer....apart from joan jett or perhaps the runaways, because they have more balls then fall out boy, greenday and jnas brothers combined.

Cracking read. Please, go on.

I hope by crack you mean ass, because this is pure ****, except its looping into a repeat.

Im going to bang my head off a wall, partly for my own stupidity to reply and the majority for what (IMO:rolleyes:) is just pure idiocy

why am I here at 1am talking about ****ing paramore?? Maybe im the gob****e.

please refer to my previous post.

what exactley are you trying to accomplish by continuing with a argument against my opinion,

Welcome to the internet. It's where people discuss stuff - like music. ;)

godforbid being a hypocrit and trying to change my opinion.

Not sure what you mean- I'm not trying to change your opinion.

At the end of the day my opinion is as valid as yours, and as regards to metal, since the thread is in a section predominantley metal, I reckon its aimed at what metal fans think of them, and the majority ive found agree that they are crap.

Actually, most people here have said that though they're not metal, they're they're not crap, either. Good at what they do.

And the forum is called 'rock and metal'- Paramore are a rock band, I don't see why they shouldnt be discussed here.

If you want everybody to say they are great go post this in pop or indie, as these sub forums will have more paramore fans in them.

But I don't want everybody to say they're great- I just resent being called deaf or deluded or whatever for liking them. I'm just trying to say that music is subjective- they're not 'sh1te' just because you say they are.
    Since a disclaimer is needed after every post I make id like to state that Im making a opinion:rolleyes:

Like I said, you've been stating they're crap like it's a fact until now. That's why people are calling you on it.

how do you say sombody is **** like its a fact rather than opinion?.....is it in a french accent or perhaps a polish one:pac:

But you have to remember its a opinion:rolleyes:

Saying sombody is deaf and deluded, is the same as calling sombody a emo becasue they like them:o

again IMO(im tired, Im gunna abreviate) They are deaf and deluded, because again IMO they are **** and their image is all gay and sissy. But that goes with having a female lead singer....apart from joan jett or perhaps the runaways, because they have more balls then fall out boy, greenday and jnas brothers combined.

It's just the way you've been coming across, like "They're sh1te, therefore everyone who disagrees is wrong and has terrible musical taste!" That's just the way it seems to me. *shrugs*

Calling somebody an 'emo' for liking band is pretty immature , imo.

Ah Christ, ''all gay and sissy''? "That goes with having a female lead singer''?

LMFAO. Where do I even begin?
    I hope by crack you mean ass, because this is pure ****, except its looping into a repeat.

Im going to bang my head off a wall, partly for my own stupidity to reply and the majority for what (IMO:rolleyes:) is just pure idiocy

why am I here at 1am talking about ****ing paramore?? Maybe im the gob****e.

You're right- I'm just repeating myself, here.

Good luck and good night, sir, it's been entertaining. :pac:

HERES A SHOCKER I THINK THE BEATLES SUCK !!!

OH YES I SAID IT.

I ALSO THINK ACDC ARE OVERRATED AND EXTREMELY ONE DIMENSIONAL:eek::eek:

Ive opinions! that i formed myself!

The point. You're missing it.

It's just the way you've been coming across, like "They're sh1te, therefore everyone who disagrees is wrong and has terrible musical taste!" That's just the way it seems to me. *shrugs*

Calling somebody an 'emo' for liking band is pretty immature , imo.

Ah Christ, ''all gay and sissy''? "That goes with having a female lead singer''?

LMFAO. Where do I even begin?

:

maybe more to do with they are just flacid and have no edge to them, hence being perfect for pop!
    but my opinion!

• Advertisement

The point. You're missing it.

Either that or its fallen about 10000000miles away from me, what is the point?

maybe more to do with they are just flacid and have no edge to them, hence being perfect for pop!
    but my opinion!
    Either that or its fallen about 10000000miles away from me, what is the point?

Ah, this is getting a bit silly now!

We're never going to agree- you think they're crap, I don't. Can we call a truce or something? :pac:

Well i think acacia has said it all, everyones entitled to there opinion but that doesnt make it fact.

Kona doesnt like paramore, we do simple. No more bickering :).

Ah come on, it's Friday night and the best entertainment is on the internet.

SCRAP!

Ah come on, it's Friday night and the best entertainment is on the internet.

SCRAP!

I think he's gone, but I'll have a pointless debate with you if you want...

Just name a band you like, and I'll call them sh1te.

Acacia?

Acacia?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Acacia is a band, you said name a band and you'd call them sh1te

MooseJam wrote: »
    Acacia is a band, you said name a band and you'd call them sh1te

Acacia is sh1te...oh, I get it.:(

• Advertisement