Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband - Good or Not

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

hi all in the dorset street north cir road area can anyone tell me what the upc broadband is like around there i know the wireing is brand new so is should be great i is hopeing fingers and toes crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

hi all in the dorset street north cir road area can anyone tell me what the upc broadband is like around there i know the wireing is brand new so is should be great i is hopeing fingers and toes crossed
    no reason why your quality of BB service should'nt be as good as everyone else's, UPC BB is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

519238802.pngOff Peak...
    519655944.pngAt Peak

In Dublin 8 (esp. around Cork St.), there is heavy peak time congestion on weekdays and all weekend. Tech support is useless (see Slow UPC speeds thread and upc support nightmare thread). I'd avoid the so-called 20 Mbs package if I were you. They seem unable to provide it.

519238802.pngOff Peak...
    519655944.pngAt Peak

In Dublin 8 (esp. around Cork St.), there is heavy peak time congestion on weekdays and all weekend. Tech support is useless (see Slow UPC speeds thread and upc support nightmare thread). I'd avoid the so-called 20 Mbs package if I were you. They seem unable to provide it.
    try that speed test site & pick dusseldorf, see results below
    [URL="[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/521275624.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]521275624.png an other pings to london & amsterdam below
    521278897.png ,
    521283434.png....all pings to servers in Ireland are rubbish, can't blame UPC on a bad local irish infrastructure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭FibbersON

I had the 20MB in maynooth and regularly got over 16MB - 19MB. Thought it was great, but downgraded simply because of the cost.

• Advertisement

521283267.png
    Dusseldorf is an improvement, granted. However, I've also tested with real downloads at peak times and got speeds nothing like what I'm paying for.

521283267.png
    Dusseldorf is an improvement, granted. However, I've also tested with real downloads at peak times and got speeds nothing like what I'm paying for.
    yeh,, I see what you mean, try this site, you can test your windows config & recommend options to improve your speed.

Tried it...I'm using Vista.

4. Notes and Recommendationsicon7.gif RWIN is in range
    icon7.gif Looking good

Observations:
    icon7.gif Good data stream (no/few rexmits)

Thanks anyway.

Advertisement