Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swine Flu Map

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

friendface wrote: »
    I just have images in my head of Mary Harney in a room with petree dishes of blood samples and a hot metal wire testing the samples.

Replace above with a dozen quarter pounders and some caviar;)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

galwayrush wrote: »
    Replace above with a dozen quarter pounders and some caviar;)

NomNomNom Nom :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

If this swine fever takes hold in Ireland it will be far more deadly than in any other country. We will have no hope with Mary Harney and the HSE running the show. They havn't even issued any masks here yet. This will be like the iodine tablets a few years ago. They reassured us today that they could vaccinate 50% of the country. What about the other half and what are they going to vaccinate us with? Jays Fluid? They have no vaccine as it's a mutated flu virus. My advise would be to stay indoors and wear a mask.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

hmmm, came back from Texas via New York 3 weeks ago but feel fine.....

*sneezes

oh, excuse me, must be the hayfever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I hear their linking the disease to our head of state =]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 begration

Saw on internet that 2 cases in Ireland - anyone know where?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Pearse street garda station :D

Garda flu anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I can't find a Legend for the map.

What justifies the difference in the yellow tags and the pink ones?

Pink markers are suspect
    Purple markers are confirmed
    Deaths lack a dot in marker
    Yellow markers are negative

says so in the left hard corner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

im off to new york on saturday.hope this flu doesnt spread much while im there.id say new york is like disneyworld to a flu virus.that many people on one little island all breathing in the same airconditioning, travelling on crowded subways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Crowd: We need a cure! We need a cure!
    Hibbert: Ho ho ho. Why, the only cure is bedrest. Anything I give you would be a placebo.

Woman: [frantic] Where can we get these placebos?

The crowd overturn a truck in search of placebos, but alas the only thing inside is a crate of killer bees.

Man seizes bee, puts it in mouth. “I’m cured! OW!!”

anyway.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Blindpew wrote: »
    They reassured us today that they could vaccinate 50% of the country. What about the other half and what are they going to vaccinate us with? Jays Fluid? They have no vaccine as it's a mutated flu virus. My advise would be to stay indoors and wear a mask.

They have enough anti-virals to treat half the country, not vaccinate. And it would be one mighty pandemic if anywhere near to half the country caught it.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Bl**dy hell, I was only supposed to go to cancun for a week on my honeymoon in June, whats the story, have they officially advised not going or what because as far as I am aware, I may only get a refund on flight tickets if they Officially tell folks not to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

johnc24 wrote: »
    Bl**dy hell, I was only supposed to go to cancun for a week on my honeymoon in June, whats the story, have they officially advised not going or what because as far as I am aware, I may only get a refund on flight tickets if they Officially tell folks not to go...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/27/swine-flu-mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I still feel ok.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

No official travel restrictions yet. Just cautioning the general public to avoid the areas unless necessary.

I'd say by June this'll all be over. No need to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

They have advise people not to visit affected areas unless it is of immediate urgency so I'd say ur safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gonna call in sick tomorrow with Swine Flu... wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

phasers wrote: »
    Hibbert: Ho ho ho. Why, the only cure is bedrest. Anything I give you would be a placebo.

Woman: [frantic] Where can we get these placebos?

The crowd overturn a truck in search of placebos, but alas the only thing inside is a crate of killer bees.

Man seizes bee, puts it in mouth. “I’m cured! OW!!”

Is this the Simpsons buff thread?

Is it time to take to the mountains yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

basquille wrote: »
    Gonna call in sick tomorrow with Swine Flu... wish me luck!

Good Luck.
    ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I've been sick the last three weeks. Longest time I've ever had a cold.....there are people snuffling and coughing every where I look (Belfast).

It's like that Stephen King book....
    what do you call it.........................
    ...........The Shining

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I've been sick the last three weeks. Longest time I've ever had a cold.....there are people snuffling and coughing every where I look (Belfast).

It's like that Stephen King book....
    what do you call it.........................
    ...........The Shining

Thinks its The Stand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Very strange that Africa is not at the races with the swine flu. Not a single case.
    the flu is sh1tting it incase it gets in a turf war with aids

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

phasers wrote: »
    What's all the fuss, we already know how to cure bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

wylo wrote: »
    the flu is sh1tting it incase it gets in a turf war with aids

or teh ghey's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I won't be stalking the pig from pigsback on the Luas anymore!:eek:
    I loved them free bacon rolls!;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's reassuring to hear there is enough Tamiflu anti virus tablets to go around in uk ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

pfft this swine-flu sounds like a inferior form of the man-flu virus!
    I vote that this thread be merged with the man-flu appreciation thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

EU Health Minister said they are investigating suspected outbreak in Ireland!

Yikes!

Advertisement