Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swine Flu Map

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭dorothygale

None of th four cases suspect in Ireland are on this map eventhough other suspected cases in other countries are... Conclusion: what is represented on this map is only the tip of the iceberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Conclusion: what is represented on this map is only the tip of the iceberg.

Errr... no. The proper conclusion is that the map hasn't been updated.

Sometimes I wish AH wasn't the equivalent of the Sunday World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭dorothygale

Confab wrote: »
    Errr... no. The proper conclusion is that the map hasn't been updated.

Sometimes I wish AH wasn't the equivalent of the Sunday World.

Then the map hasn't been updated since yesterday afternoon. The fact is none of the U.S. news outlets are reporting on the suspect Irish cases as of 11:00 this morning.

Also, the confirmed dead number in Mexico was reported at 40 last night, this morning it's 152.

Also your man at the CDC said the numbers are most likey a low estimate.

Better news yet, doctors are saying it takes three days to develop symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Also, the confirmed dead number in Mexico was reported at 40 last night, this morning it's 152.

no it wasnt: it was at 86 last night and two days ago it was reported in Mexico that it was at 200 unofficially. so the numbers are all over the place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Then the map hasn't been updated since yesterday afternoon. The fact is none of the U.S. news outlets are reporting on the suspect Irish cases as of 11:00 this morning.

Also your man at the CDC said the numbers are most likey a low estimate.

Better news yet, doctors are saying it takes three days to develop symptoms.

all inaccurate scaremongering.

the irish cases are on all the news wires ap and reuters and the bbc

the confirmed deaths were on saturday 60 sunday 103 and lastnite 152.
    The good news is the number of reported cases has dropped slightly in mexico, this could be due to various reasons tho.

i understand the incubation period to be 10 days

skelliser wrote: »
    all inaccurate scaremongering.

so what scaremongering is this then?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

no it wasnt: it was at 86 last night and two days ago it was reported in Mexico that it was at 200 unofficially. so the numbers are all over the place...

The unofficial figure comes from an unsubstantiated comment on the BBC's site.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ah all this scaremongering reminds me of a game that took hours of my life

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html

ah all this scaremongering reminds me of a game that took hours of my life

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html

****ing Madagascar. Still won four times though.

• Advertisement

once madagascar close the port its useless continuing!

once madagascar close the port its useless continuing!

Truer words...however I've noticed that sometimes an odd ship sneaks in after the fact, depending if it was en route at the time. I infected Madagascar twice that way.

I played as Greenland once and 90% of the population was sick and they still had the airports and shipyards open.:rolleyes:

Darkbloom wrote: »
    Truer words...however I've noticed that sometimes an odd ship sneaks in after the fact, depending if it was en route at the time. I infected Madagascar twice that way.

yup thats the way i got em as well, they only get about 1 ship a week anyway its a nightmare! i cant be bothered to find out where they come from either!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So if it hits Ireland we're relying on our health service to save the day?

That's us f*cked then.

yup thats the way i got em as well, they only get about 1 ship a week anyway its a nightmare! i cant be bothered to find out where they come from either!
    If you set it on fast it at least speeds the process up. Here's a screenshot from a game I just finished:D:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/t5i1cj.jpg

this disease is like a biological conficker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

this is stupid, not one person has died from it outside of mexico

Why? Because most people that died in Mexico from it probably didnt realise it was life threatening if untreated to start with.

Why else? Because Mexico city is rampant with poverty and none of us know the statistics of whether the cases were in poverty areas or not.(maybe some do if so send me links)

And why else? Because although there is no vaccine for it there is a cure and some basic antiviral drugs treat it, most people infected are recovering well.

My point? The media are bored and need something "mad", the economy has gotten boring for every one to watch and read about.

I swear to god I wouldnt be surprised if people in Ireland are actually disappointed the flu hasnt reach us at yet. Those 4 cases are all negative

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

I might also add that only 26 of them cases in mexico are actually confirmed swine flu but ill give the media the benefit of the doubt on that one and presume the rest of the cases are probably swine as well.

Advertisement