Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debranding nokia n85

• 27-04-2009 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

im trying to debrand a nokia n85 phone, i have changed the product code on the phone using the NSS flash software but its each time i use the NSU it loads the same software that has the Orange logo's etc.. plus i can't change the MMS setting or web browser settings.

any help would be great

RM-333 is the code on it. 0555817 is the product code i used

thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Try this code RM-333 CTR EURO1 COPPER/DARK GREY 0560532

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Pauly26 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

im trying to debrand a nokia n85 phone, i have changed the product code on the phone using the NSS flash software but its each time i use the NSU it loads the same software that has the Orange logo's etc.. plus i can't change the MMS setting or web browser settings.

any help would be great

RM-333 is the code on it. 0555817 is the product code i used

thanks
    Paul
    Look here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

be careful i was using a turbo SIM to get around the SP lock and after I updated the firmware to the latest the turbo sim no longer worked and I had to pay 35 euro to get it unlocked, Nokia have blocked the use of such cards:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

Hi Lads,

Thanks for all the replies, still can't get the stupid Orange logo's etc removed off the phone, i have updated the phone version to 11,047.53.1 but i still can't edit the MMS and web setting. Anyone know how id get the unedited version of the software

I have tried a few different product codes but they all seem to be giving me the Orange software versions

thanks
    Paul

Try this instead...

Nokia N85 0560498 (RM-333) 11.047

http://www.cellomania.com/wp/?p=147

• Advertisement

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Try this instead...

Nokia N85 0560498 (RM-333) 11.047

http://www.cellomania.com/wp/?p=147

Hi CPU

Had tried that earlier but no luck, that's the EURO2 product code

thanks anyway
    Paul

Hi CPU

Had tried that earlier but no luck, that's the EURO2 product code

thanks anyway
    Paul
    Ok so your using NSS incorrectly. Make sure the tick box for Product Code is selected before you press Write.

So Read > Tick box > Changed Product Code > Write.

Then for testing purposes, disconnect / reconnect it - then read the Product Code again (even change it to all 1's so you know for sure it worked.

nss1.gif

Because you are on the latest version, you'll have to wait until the next version is out (unless you downgrade, which is not a nice process).

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Ok so your using NSS incorrectly. Make sure the tick box for Product Code is selected before you press Write.

So Read > Tick box > Changed Product Code > Write.

Then for testing purposes, disconnect / reconnect it - then read the Product Code again (even change it to all 1's so you know for sure it worked.

nss1.gif

Because you are on the latest version, you'll have to wait until the next version is out (unless you downgrade, which is not a nice process).

HI CPU,

when i changed the product code there was available updates on the NSU but when i applied it still shows the Orange settings, think i'll have to just drop it into one of the shops

thanks guys
    Paul

Lads,

Got it sorted, used the cracked version of the JAF program and downloaded the latest firmware version for the N85. Used the JAF program to flash the phone and got rid of the orange setting, happy days!!

thanks for your help

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

Do you have the link on how to do this - curious as to why you used the n85 firmware

• Advertisement

jim_bob wrote: »
    Do you have the link on how to do this - curious as to why you used the n85 firmware

Jim,

Not sure what you mean about using the n85 firmware, i have a n85 phone, if i used any other firmware i would have bricked the phone.

there is no instruction as such, i just learned on the fly.

i wouldn't suggest going near it unless i had a very good understanding of the whole process. you'll end up bricking the phone.

but if you really want to try it, check your PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

jim_bob wrote: »
    Just change the product code using the cracked version of the JAF, then update using NSU.

Just change the product code using the cracked version of the JAF, then update using NSU.

Hi Columba,

for whatever reason that didn't work for me, and i think it was yourself that helped me out the last time with the nokia 3110c phone.

the only way it worked for me was if i pushed the firmware using the JAF software

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Hi Columba,

for whatever reason that didn't work for me, and i think it was yourself that helped me out the last time with the nokia 3110c phone.

the only way it worked for me was if i pushed the firmware using the JAF software

Paul
    For what ever reason NSS never has worked for me, but then again I don't need it as I have high end equipment that does the job.

This is what I'd suggest;

You should be able do download any firmware you need from Blue-Nokia.com, save the firmware you require anywhere you want on your PC, when it finishes downloading, install it to the default install path (C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products).

When that's done, open JAF, go to BB5 tab, tick manual flash, then tick Use INI, a pop-up will appear, then just select the phone you need to flash, it will then show you under "Chance product code also" a drop down list of versions you can use. You then just need to flash the phone.

Hope that helps.

96jdww.jpg

Advertisement