Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble recovering gamertag

• 27-04-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever have problems doing this? I got an elite recently and just put my old 360's 20gig hdd into it. Long story short i swapped my old 360 but kept the hdd

So i try to recover the gamertag using live with the hdd in the elite. Everytime it asks for the sign in details (email and password for windows live) and gets to the EULA, then when click accept it gets halfway through recovering gamertag and an error pops up saying it cannot use the storage device (only have hdd) to make sure there is enough space on it, but i have over 2gig free :confused:

Any help is appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

GAAman wrote: »
    Anyone ever have problems doing this? I got an elite recently and just put my old 360's 20gig hdd into it. Long story short i swapped my old 360 but kept the hdd

So i try to recover the gamertag using live with the hdd in the elite. Everytime it asks for the sign in details (email and password for windows live) and gets to the EULA, then when click accept it gets halfway through recovering gamertag and an error pops up saying it cannot use the storage device (only have hdd) to make sure there is enough space on it, but i have over 2gig free :confused:

Any help is appreciated :)

Why are you trying to recover it if your using your original HDD?
    Shouldnt your profile be on it already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

just delete the profile and then recover it, took aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggesss the last time i did it, which is really annoying as i would love to use my tag on my brothers xbox when im home but its a major pain recovering the tag for me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Evolute wrote: »
    Why are you trying to recover it if your using your original HDD?
    Shouldnt your profile be on it already?

Yeah it should be but it isnt, i have to manually input my gamertag name when trying to recover it
    calex71 wrote: »
    just delete the profile and then recover it, took aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggesss the last time i did it, which is really annoying as i would love to use my tag on my brothers xbox when im home but its a major pain recovering the tag for me :mad:

As above cant delete it, just looked in the memory and it has "Corrupted Profile" do i delete it then try recover it from live or is it totally fecked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Found an answer on another forum, seems they had an xbox update do the damage (i thought it was due to swapping consoles)

If it says "Corrupted Profile" on yours go to memory and go to delete the gamertag, it gives two options one is delete profile only and other is delete profile and items (items are games and achievements) delete the profile only then recover your gamertag from live and job done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

GAAman wrote: »
    Found an answer on another forum, seems they had an xbox update do the damage (i thought it was due to swapping consoles)

If it says "Corrupted Profile" on yours go to memory and go to delete the gamertag, it gives two options one is delete profile only and other is delete profile and items (items are games and achievements) delete the profile only then recover your gamertag from live and job done :D

Good stuff man gald ta hear ya sorted it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

If you stop playin for 6months...they won't recover your gametag. They deactivate them.

I asked them to sort my SeantheMan tag out that i registered ages ago...but they won't.

Advertisement