Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shots for South America

• 27-04-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am going to South America - landing in Buenos Aires in June and will travelling to Brazil, Venezuela, Columbia, Peru and Chile.

Was wondering what shots (if any) that i should get from my doctor? I was in Thailand and Cambodia about 4 years ago so got a few shots then.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy

You'll need:

Typhoid

Yellow Fever

HepA/HepB

Diptheria

If you received a tetanus shot in the last 7-8 years, it usually comes with diptheria and polio.

Also i'm guessing you've had your HepA/HepB injections since you were in asia... If you did.. You would have had an injection once a month for 3months. You should then have went for a booster the following year to make you immune for life. If you didn't get that booster you'll need to get your hepA/hepB again. You probably have your typhoid vaccination aswell.

You'll have to get a consultation when you go the doctor anyway and they'll know what to give you. It should just be the above. If you're going to be travelling in such a manner that you won't have access to medical facilities within 24 hours it's suggested you also get the rabies shot.

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

Mercy wrote: »
    You'll need:

Typhoid

Yellow Fever

HepA/HepB

Diptheria

If you received a tetanus shot in the last 7-8 years, it usually comes with diptheria and polio.

Also i'm guessing you've had your HepA/HepB injections since you were in asia... If you did.. You would have had an injection once a month for 3months. You should then have went for a booster the following year to make you immune for life. If you didn't get that booster you'll need to get your hepA/hepB again. You probably have your typhoid vaccination aswell.

You'll have to get a consultation when you go the doctor anyway and they'll know what to give you. It should just be the above. If you're going to be travelling in such a manner that you won't have access to medical facilities within 24 hours it's suggested you also get the rabies shot.

Hope that helps

Thats great thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

http://www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk/home.aspx
    Great website for advice on travel jabs and medicine, its run by the Scottish NHS so you can be assured of impartial advice. Just select your country and away you go.

Advertisement