Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Producers

Options
  • 27-04-2009 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭

Huge Mel Brooks fan and long time fan of the above movie. Was ment to see it on Broadway, when I visited New York. Picked up tickets for this at the weekend in <snip>. Anyone here going? Any thoughts or hope?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Can mods move this if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Pre-emptive warning, discuss the show by all means but don't mention the venue. See the MCD sticky in the forum! Also just changed the title as it's already pimped in the Pimping thread! :)

On topic, my friend is trying to drag me to this... I may go but I don't know if i can! I do like Rathmines Rathgar productions, always a great standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I work in said establishment and am pretty excited to see the show. Love Mel Brooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Have seen it before and loved it. Hoping to go next week. Would rather have seen the Wexford production but don't have the time to get down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Saw this in both London and New York and thoroughly enjoyed it both times! Such a funny show, would watch it again.

Didn't know it was on here though. I'd go if I was able but I can't :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Vic_Mackey

I went to see this last night. I should mention first and foremost that I'm not a fan of muscials, I was going to see this because I'm a huge fan of Mel Brooks and the original movie (a few years ago they did a cinema release of the play and I hated it). That said........... I loved every minute of it.

From minute one it was a joy to watch. The standard of the singers/actors was shockingly brilliant. I would have been happy to see that in the west end. Special mention goes to Garry Mountain. His portrail of Max Bialystock would make Zero Mostel proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 radioads

I am also planing to see the movie. I hope its an interesting movie.

.....................................................................................

<SNIP no ads thanks SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Great production of a great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 salonfree

I do like Rathmines Rathgar productions, always a great standard.

Was planning on going to this but unfortunatly other events take precedent. Having seen the film version of the stage play I have to say that I was not impressed, it just did'nt appeal to me but I have been told that it's a different beast on stage so to speak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement