Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how would one go about getting a PSV license for Cork?

Options
  • 27-04-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭

just wondering as there is a good few taxi vacanies in the Echo and I think I would enjoy it. Is there a test involved like Dublin and how hard would it be? i used to live in Cork and i live in West Cork so have a decent knowledge of the city.

any help would be great, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I don't know the answer to the question, but in reality there is no money in Taxi's these day's, there are way too many as it is.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054861249

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055261408&referrerid=59211

A quick search showed these up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Minidazzler is correct, there are far too many taxies in Cork at the moment, there is no money to be made. I am not a taxi driver.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

but if you work for a cabbie company, you got nothing to lose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    just wondering as there is a good few taxi vacanies in the Echo and I think I would enjoy it. Is there a test involved like Dublin and how hard would it be? i used to live in Cork and i live in West Cork so have a decent knowledge of the city.

any help would be great, cheers.

To answer your question,

Go to your local Garda Station, ask for a small PSV application form, fill it out & return it with whatever ID docs etc. You will need a general knowledge of Cork City especially Garda Stations & A&E hospitals for your test.

You will also be vetted so if you were out of the country for a bit you will need a clearance cert form the country you were in to say you are conviction free. You will also need a tax clearance cert to say you are up to date on your taxes etc (contact revenue for that).

Think the fee is €12 if you are just getting the SPSV licence and driving for others.

I have one & drove a hack in West Cork for a buddy to help him out two years ago for a couple of days a week. I don't drive these days but it is a handy licence to have.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement