Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Shelters

Options
  • 27-04-2009 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey,

Anyone know of any animal shelters in the Cork city area?

I understand there's one out in Clonakilty but was hoping for one around the city itself, not an hours drive away.

I ask because I'm thinking of volunteering to do some work for an animal shelter on my days off (Tues/Weds/Thurs), but 1 hour drive each way is quite a bit when I also have to consider being around for my own animals.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

There's the Animal Care Society in Dromahane....021 4551781, info@animalcaresociety.ie
    Cork DAWG's sanctuary is in Doneraile - 021 7430973, 086 3457488 info@dogactionwelfaregroup.ie

Is Mahon close to you?
    ( I copied this from another forum) There's a CSPCA in Mahon; across the road from the entrance to Mahon Point and up the road to the right along the same side as B&Q. It's got wooden panelling on the outside.

Also there's the Cork City dogpound in Mahon: 021 427 0079

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

That's more like the distance I was hoping for :D

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

You're welcome:)
    Edited more info into my post since I first replied.....

Sent off a few emails :)

Hopefully one of them will want to make use of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Co Cork
    West Cork Animal Welfare Group
    The Animal Care Society
    Dog Action Welfare Group (DAWG)
    Kenmare & Locality Animal Welfare Society

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Hi Moondancer, Just interested to see if you managed to get a volunteer position anywhere?

jen_23 wrote: »
    Hi Moondancer, Just interested to see if you managed to get a volunteer position anywhere?

Yeah, the ACS were happy to accept me as a volunteer, so I help out at their cat shelter now, and am currently fostering a litter of kittens :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Ah that is wonderful....
    Yeah, the ACS were happy to accept me as a volunteer, so I help out at their cat shelter now, and am currently fostering a litter of kittens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

That's fantastic. How cute a litter of kittens! Take pics!!!!!and post please!! :D

Advertisement