Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung's Android phone - the i7500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

A bit of work? I've been looking at it over the last couple days and I'd say android has a lot of work left to be done. I think its ok if all you want is google apps (gmail, youtube, maps) but after that forget it. I think I'll check back in a year or so and see how its doing.
    mobius42 wrote: »
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/27/samsung-i7500-oled-handset-powered-by-android-dreams/

This looks pretty good. The Android platform has an attractive phone at last! The Android software could still use a bit of work though IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

at least its android on a capacitive screen..

I think this is going to have android 1.5 on it which seems a bit better..
    i used the g1 and found the whole UI fairly user friendly.. especially in comparison to WinMo on the x1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knighterrant

Anyone have any idea when this will be available in ireland, with or without a network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Anyone have any idea when this will be available in ireland, with or without a network?

You can buy it online simfree, its more commonly known as the galaxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knighterrant

Cheers davy, i'll have a scout around :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

I got mine a few days ago. Good phone (after you use Market Enabler to access the Android market place to allow you access to paid apps).

The latest news from Samsung is that they won't be providing any updates to the OS beyond the current 1.5. Version 2.0 is due out shortly, but Samsung aren't going to make it available as an upgrade for I7500 users.

If you would like to express your opposition to this, there is a petition here.

Advertisement