Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to UCD - public transport help

Options
  • 27-04-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

hi
    i need to goto UCD and i live in maynooth
    i ned to take the public transport

take train to connolly and take a bus to UCD is it?
    pls guide me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

direct bus at 7 30 leaving from the gates of the colledge i think. Not 100% tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks for the reply
    it is 66x leaving at 7.30am
    i guess this bus starts from the esso station stop.

i checked the website of dublinbus, what time it starts from UCD in the evening?

looks like only one bus runs from either side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

I thought it was a privatly run one. Once again im really not to sure. Worth checking it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dublinrich

66x starts at 7.15 (always on time) from Esso stop and goes all the way to UCD. I get in normally between 8.30 and 8.45.

I walk down to Sydney Parade at 5 on an evening and get the 5.38 train all the way back to Maynooth, gets back at apoprox 6.30. Always get a seat on this train as it doesn't fill up until Grand Canal.

May sound a long journey to some but honestly open a book and read, nice time to relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dublinrich wrote: »
    I walk down to Sydney Parade at 5 on an evening and get the 5.38 train all the way back to Maynooth, gets back at apoprox 6.30. Always get a seat on this train as it doesn't fill up until Grand Canal.

May sound a long journey to some but honestly open a book and read, nice time to relax.
    Used to get the train from Sydney Parade (worked nearby), and could usually relax. As Maynooth is often the last stop, you can snooze (there is one train that leaves at 17.59 from Sydney Parade that goes to Mullingar, though).

Here's a map that shows you how to get from UCD to Sydney Parade.
    78717.JPG

Advertisement