Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus/NTL have just upgraded my line to 10Mb (for free?)

• 27-04-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Over the last few days I have noticed massive increases in my broadband download speeds (currently on 3Mb line), and just now I have got a text from NTL saying that they have upgraded my line to a 10Mb facility.

I take it this is a free upgrade, has any other customers experienced this?
    I didnt see any other articles covering this so thought i'd ask.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Hi,

Over the last few days I have noticed massive increases in my broadband download speeds (currently on 3Mb line), and just now I have got a text from NTL saying that they have upgraded my line to a 10Mb facility.

I take it this is a free upgrade, has any other customers experienced this?
    I didnt see any other articles covering this so thought i'd ask.

Cheers.

AFAIK its free

Got the same text as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

seems like they're finally upgrading peole for free who didn't upgrade 12 months ago and sign up for a new 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Yep got the same text myself yesterday..
    Was curious as to how or why but checked when I got home and stared in delight as the following results appeared before my eyes:

462880222.png

Sweet as! :D

Muchos gracias NTL.. (assuming it is indeed a free upgrade!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sorry to ignite a relatively old thread!
    i just got a text saying i got upgraded to 8mb.

660304939.png

this is through my wireless router too.
    i was getting 5.85 last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I got the same text yesterday morning .... alas I am still at just over 2 MB .... based in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I hate ye all:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

UPC only look after their own, the rich get richer while ....tis like sitting in the rain getting soaked looking in at well to do's eating Xmas dinner :D

give us BB in D10 yer c...s!! it's a leafy Dublin suburb not the arse end of Timbuktoo :eek:

Advertisement