Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Hygiene

Options
  • 27-04-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Please please please people start using showers and deodorant.

Got stuck beside someone who absolutely stunk today and couldnt move for two hours cause I needed an electricity plug.

Horrible.

:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I feel you are duty bound to give us a detailed description of 'person' so the rest of us may be wise before the event in future

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Yep, and there's pretty much no air circulation in the library except in the middle bit on the top floor. You're best finding other rooms around college to study in - despite the lack of library totty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

A friend of mine just got back from Mexico and has a cold. He was in there today studying. I didnt go anywhere near the place.

True Story

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

Grimes wrote: »
    A friend of mine just got back from Mexico and has a cold. He was in there today studying. I didnt go anywhere near the place.

The swine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Red Alert wrote: »
    Yep, and there's pretty much no air circulation in the library except in the middle bit on the top floor. You're best finding other rooms around college to study in - despite the lack of library totty.

The only downside to studying at home :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

I've been bored on this thing procrastinating,what with study week and all :rolleyes:
    anyways, thats the second time I've seen someone write that they know a person just back from Mexico who's sick. How irresponsible can you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Whats worse than smelly people is smelly fat people. Breathing heavy and taking up ALL of the desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Didn't really notice the stench yesterday, but theres a really foul smell of BO in Health Science today. It's especially bad when its coming off a goodlooking girl aswell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cajl2

I'd prefer if these kind of spineless douches making these comments weren't in the library than the smelly fat people they're bitching about...

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

cajl2 wrote: »
    I'd prefer if these kind of spineless douches making these comments weren't in the library than the smelly fat people they're bitching about...

Because?

Not bitching, just asking people ton consider those around them and the smell they are subjecting people to.

Esp in close quarters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I take it you're a smelly fat person then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

They should have a smellometer at the electronic gates. No entry if you're over the limit or else pay a superfine and there's a time limit on the amount of time you can stop in one place

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Librocop would love that - he'd get to sniff everyone on the way in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I gave up on the lib today. The library tottie could hold me there no longer. The place is far too packed and stuffy. So from now on I'll study in the peaceful surrounds of my plush abode

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you don't need access to dead trees, there are all kinds of other places you can study. The Engineering building has several quiet rooms upstairs, and the 50-seat computer lab currently has about 10 people in it (including me). There are also quiet and spacious areas downstairs in Newstead, though the computer rooms are being used for exams; today for sure, but probably not over the following weeks.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cajl2

Sean_K wrote: »
    I take it you're a smelly fat person then.

Got it. Look for me, the 27-stone 44-year-old guy with his **** hanging out. If you're lucky I'll fart on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

Got it. Look for me, the 27-stone 44-year-old guy with his **** hanging out. If you're lucky I'll fart on you.

score!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

27 stone ... what's that in Metric? (Gets out the calculator.) 27 x 14 x .454 = 171.6 kg. Oh. Never mind the hygiene, what are you doing to the structure of the Library? :eek:

I guess you're going to boycott Ryanair, then? Please?

Nah - just kidding. They just need to open some more windows.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Sounds like one of my lecturers

Advertisement