Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone else...............

• 27-04-2009 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

........Love driving in the rain

Now obviously the risk factor is a lot higher but i just love cruising along in the rain...

Anyone else?

Or. Whats your favourite driving conditions...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

I wouldn't say I love it but I don't mind riding in the rain as long as I am dry come the end of the ride. You still get a great sense of freedom, perhaps even more so as you're even defying the elements!!!

It's all about having the right gear really I suppose as there's a sense of satisfaction in arriving home dry having been pelted with rain but then again there's the hassle of putting on and taking off wet gear too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

pajodublin wrote: »
    Whats your favourite driving conditions...?

No longer a biker but when I was I used to love very early (6am), cold (but not frosty) Sunday mornings on the twisties. No cars about and the engine sucking in all that nice cool air. Oh man, good times......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Not a biker at the moment, but I used to long driving on a cold dry day. Nothing like being all wrapped up in the gear, nice and warm, and dry roads in front of you.....preferably empty dry roads ;)

I absolutely hate driving in the rain. Especially in January. My bike gets a bit tempremental whenever it's cold or wet which just adds to the misery.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

depends how heavy it is. I can't see jack **** when the rain is really heavy and bouncing off the visor. Usually lift it over my eyes after a while if it's too heavy and then get a bucket full of what feels like hail stones in the mush.

light rain is ok though. still prefer dry cold non-frosty conditions though, all wrapped up and warm on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

As long as my gear is dry when I put it on I don't mind. Putting on wet gear sucks though!

Simona1986 wrote: »
    As long as my gear is dry when I put it on I don't mind. Putting on wet gear sucks though!

I only found the worst part was putting on wet gloves!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

wet gloves has to be the worst
    mine are now smelly and ive only had them a few weeks
    take them off and my hands smell like damp.
    any solution for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I never wear gloves so no help here.
    I love riding in the rain also. Dont know why to be honest. When I used to drive the car I loved driving in the rain aswell. I presume its just down the love of been on my bike and obviously ya have to concentrate alot more so I enjoy it more. Or it could be the childhood thing of loving to be out in the rain playing im puddles. I be all over the shop on me bike going through puddles. I be doing the weeeeeeeee thing and all sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I love driving in "proper" rain,not that ****ty hazy rain that mists up your visor and makes the road greasy!!

• Advertisement

wet gloves has to be the worst
    mine are now smelly and ive only had them a few weeks
    take them off and my hands smell like damp.
    any solution for this?

Stick them in the hot press?
    Or hang them out in the fresh air on the washing line on a sunny day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

I'd bought a pair of expensive Dainese Goretex winter gloves. Only problem was the rain would run down your arm into the glove.:rolleyes:

Stick them on top of the radiator and they'll dry over night.

I'd bought a pair of expensive Dainese Goretex winter gloves. Only problem was the rain would run down your arm into the glove.:rolleyes:

its not the drying im worried about, its the smell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

its not the drying im worried about, its the smell :)

there not the new lidl gloves by any chance

there not the new lidl gloves by any chance

guilty as charged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Through them in the wash and then rewaterproof them with nikwax maybe...

Usually once your gloves dry out the smell should go away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pair of dissposable latex gloves do the trick on a wet day if you have only got race gloves,or if on a freezing cold day,so your fingers dont feel like they are about to drop off with frostbite.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Pair of dissposable latex gloves do the trick on a wet day if you have only got race gloves,or if on a freezing cold day,so your fingers dont feel like they are about to drop off with frostbite.

Great advice there....used to do the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Are they gauntlett type gloves, if so then the best thing I found was to put the ends outside your jacket rather than inside. Otherwise you're just channeling the rain down your sleave as you said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Driving in the rain? You mentallers! I don't especially mind it but give me a warm summers day over a day like today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I just hate the rain... I'll take a dry day over a rainy day any day! Did I say "day" enough yet? Day day day day day!!! :pac:

Ktric
    Are they gauntlett type gloves, if so then the best thing I found was to put the ends outside your jacket rather than inside. Otherwise you're just channeling the rain down your sleave as you said.

Even the elasticated inner sleeve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Even the elasticated inner sleeve?

What type of bike do you drive, it'll depend on the positioning of your arms etc ?

None at the moment.

Had a GS1150 at the time though.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Driving in the rain? You mentallers! I don't especially mind it but give me a warm summers day over a day like today.

i love it, i also love days like today, nice and sunny, feeling the warmth
    BUT, i cant explain it about driving in the rain, it has a sense of freedom to it..

Advertisement