Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Leinster - pre/during/post thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

jayteecork wrote: »
    What a cowardly little fecker than Quinlan is.
    Eye gouging Leo.

Guess that's why he's going on the Lions - give the South Africans a taste of their own medicine.

He won't go, chances are that he is in for a whopping ban, Martin Corry got 6 weeks for a unintentional eye contact Marius Tincu was given 18-week ban and the same for Neil Best.

To Jackass and in the witness of all the users of the rugby forum on Boards.ie:

I admit, Leinster are the greatest side in Ireland. They showed Munster who the real ladyboys are. I am going to go cry now.

I admit, Leinster are the greatest side in Ireland and Europe - they toyed with us this season and then buried us when it matters - I won't actually cry cause we're all just bandwagon fans anyway - so it's off to Leinster next season - COME ON LEINSTER!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Well at least equilibrium has been restored and it might just end the petty insults once and for all. Fair play for keeping the bargain Thomond and be happy you's have the ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    [Jackass] wrote: »
    Hahaha!! Ok - I'm a glutten for punishment - BUT you can print what I have to say if Munster win (as above) - but IF (and it's a long shot) Leinster win - you have to quote -

"I admit, Leinster are the greatest side in Ireland and Europe - they toyed with us this season and then buried us when it matters - I wont cry cause we're all just bandwagon fans anyway - so it's off to Leinster next season - COME ON LEINSTER!!!"

haha - oh god I'm gonna regret this bet :D you have a deal my turnip eating friend! :p

To Jackass and in the witness of all the users of the rugby forum on Boards.ie:

I admit, Leinster are the greatest side in Ireland. They showed Munster who the real ladyboys are. I am going to go cry now.

I admit, Leinster are the greatest side in Ireland and Europe - they toyed with us this season and then buried us when it matters - I won't actually cry cause we're all just bandwagon fans anyway - so it's off to Leinster next season - COME ON LEINSTER!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Stev_o wrote: »
    You'd be slightly worried for them that this was their peak match and that it might just take it out of them but hopefully it won't.

That is my worry, it is a worry born of celebrating many great Leinster games only to be followed by disaster. But, I have faith that a final will give them great motivation to push forward.

I think it will be Leinster v Leicester

Well at least equilibrium has been restored and it might just end the petty insults once and for all. Fair play for keeping the bargain Thomond and be happy you's have the ML.

Thanks Stevo, hopefully all the sh1te will stop.

Good luck to Leinster in the Final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

Munster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    Terrrible commentary on setanta I thought, they didn't have a clue.

Oh, and

WAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I want to know how i quoted you there before you even posted..........weird.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Great performance from D'Arcy.
    He's probably bumped himself up to first replacement Three quarter for the Lions after that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭omerin

well done Leinster :eek:

bring the cup back, we'll let you borrow it for a year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

certainly wasn't expecting this result. And I'm a big leinster fan (not a bandwagonner - i go to a lot of their matches).

C'mon Leinster etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Shivverz

castie wrote: »
    and you sir are a source of pride for your team?

Better team won on the day no question.

Good Luck in the final but my I dont think they will beat either of the two teams left. Hopefully im wrong as it would round off an excellent year to have an irish team win it. Ill be cheering for Leinster.

Agh just bite your tongue will ya? ! ? ! ? The sooner Munster drop this "untouchable" attitude the better for everyone.

I added Jackass' quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I have cheered on Munster in their finals, so hopefully you will be doing the same. ;) Thanks for the good luck message. :)

Unfortunately I doubt this will end the sh1te. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

munster fan ere !jesus leinter were brillant hope ye win it lads top off a great year in irish rugby!the grand slan magners and hopefully european cup will be on irish soil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Not usually a rugger bugger, but I enjoyed that game. I will certainly tune in for the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Munster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    castie wrote: »
    and you sir are a source of pride for your team?

I certainly wasn't a source of embarrassment before the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Fair play to Leinster. Would have been easier to swallow if the game had been closer though. Make sure ye keep the cup here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭fiddlesticks

Brilliant victory!:D

I thought Rocky Elsom was man of the match and the Leinster backrow hugely outperformed the Munster backrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Munster (I'm a neutral)
    dan719 wrote: »
    I have a sneaky feeling leinster will take this, the game in Thomond was a lot closer than the score suggested and BOD is on fire at the mo. As prep for a HEC semi, which will be won in the trenches, Leinster had the far more better prep in the form of a difficult 'quins match as opposed to a stroll against the Hairsprays for Munster. Sexton at ten leaves a phenomonal centre partnership of the doc and BOD, it is likely we will barely achieve parity at scrum time and lineouts will be far closer affairs than munster are used to.

A worried Munster fan.

I hate being right.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Brilliant victory!:D

I thought Rocky Elsom was man of the match and the Leinster backrow hugely outperformed the Munster backrow.

They were all immense! Whitaker had his best game in I don't know how long. His passing was a millions times better than it has been. Superb performance from everyone.

But this victory counts for nothing if they lose the final. They haven't won anything yet. Hoping for a repeat!

• Advertisement

I know that the collective performance was sh1te but I thought Warwick had a real shocker, constantly kicking to Nacewa. I thought Munster bar O' Connell and Earls in attack froze.

Goose81, you were spot on about Nacewa. He looks a new player at 15, but what if Rob Kearney is pushed out to the wing again??

Quinny will be lucky to go on the lions after his altercation with Cullen. If he is banned, he has nobody else to blame. I thought Cullen was fantastic and he should be seriously considered by DK for the Ireland summer tour.

Leinster (I'm a neutral)
    Disappointing result but Lesinter were by far the better team.
    Do that again in the final and you should have no bother!

It was great to see the Leinster backs actually firing on all cylinders - just annoying that munster got run over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Must have been something to do with that time machine Leinster invented. Used it to play 20 games today and turned it off as soon as they won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭fiddlesticks

They were all immense! Whitaker had his best game in I don't know how long. His passing was a millions times better than it has been. Superb performance from everyone.

But this victory counts for nothing if they lose the final. They haven't won anything yet. Hoping for a repeat!

Definitely, he seemed to be saving that performance until today :) I think they now have Nacewa's position nailed down, how they bring Kearney back into the side at full back I dont know.

Lets hope the injuries dont keep Contepomi and Fitzgerald out of the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Delighted!
    The victory had the added joy that it took munster fans off their high horse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Caliden wrote: »
    Delighted!
    The victory had the added joy that it took munster fans off their high horse
    +1
    Added joy indeed :D

What a performance, what a win...

COME ON LEINSTER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Well done to Leinster. I had a sneaking suspicion that Munster were set for a fall since Leinster would have no problem cultivating an us against the world mindset with the general consensus bein that Munster would win. They wanted it more and they were the only team to turn up which is disappointing as a Munster fan.

Leinster (I'm a neutral)
    yerayeah wrote: »
    Well done to Leinster. I had a sneaking suspicion that Munster were set for a fall since Leinster would have no problem cultivating an us against the world mindset with the general consensus bein that Munster would win. They wanted it more and they were the only team to turn up which is disappointing as a Munster fan.

Yeah, it seemed like there were 15 lads playing rugby out there, with 15 guys in red tops watching them.

Ah well - plenty more matches to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I know that the collective performance was sh1te but I thought Warwick had a real shocker, constantly kicking to Nacewa. I thought Munster bar O' Connell and Earls in attack froze.

Goose81, you were spot on about Nacewa. He looks a new player at 15, but what if Rob Kearney is pushed out to the wing again??

Quinny will be lucky to go on the lions after his altercation with Cullen. If he is banned, he has nobody else to blame. I thought Cullen was fantastic and he should be seriously considered by DK for the Ireland summer tour.

I think I'd like to see that 15 again in the final. Contepomi to start. Anyone know had bad his injury is? Looked painful. If VDL is fit I'd have him on the bench.

edit: though there were some superb performances off the bench too. Sexton was great. Surely the no.2 Irish outhalf now. And O'Brien though only on for 10 minutes was ferocious.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Definitely, he seemed to be saving that performance until today :) I think they now have Nacewa's position nailed down, how they bring Kearney back into the side at full back I dont know.

Lets hope the injuries dont keep Contepomi and Fitzgerald out of the final.
    i dont understand this though. he was an excellent fullback for auckland in the super 12

Advertisement