Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Leinster - pre/during/post thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Munster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    Someone must be taking the piss! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Leinster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    As a Munster fan the result was hugely disappointing but Leinster played very well and their win is hugely deserved. Their defence was superb throughout. Preventing Munster scoring after Earls made that break early on was crucial.

Poor Ronan played himself out of contention for the starting 10 shirt for SA in my book, can't remember him having as bad a game for Munster, albeit with a much slower sevice than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

el diablo wrote: »
    They were beaten by the better team on the day, simple as.;)

Wonder will the Munster fan shout for us in the final? :) I'm thinking probably not. :o

Well I'm a Munster fan and I will support any Irish team that makes a final in any competition unless they are playing against Munster of course :D

All I can say is that Leinster were the better team today, totally outplayed our guys, it was like a carbon print of the 2006 HC semi final only the teams reversed. We just have take our hats off to Leinster today.

I would like to see Leinster winning now as they deserve to win the Heineken Cup after all these years and I just hope they perform like this again in the final. It would be good for Irish rugby.

I think Leicester will win tomorrow and I would hate to see those b**tards win another Heineken Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Match ticket: 45 euro
    Train Ticket: 29 euro
    Jersey: 60 euro
    Novelty Hat: 15 euro
    Drinks: Only God knows how much

Seeing Munster beat Leinster: Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

We did it. My God we did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My God.

My voice hurts, my hands are sore, my backs in bits from shouting too much. I spent 15 quid on flags and 10 quid on a cheap bodhran, and i've have spent in twenty times over for that. The atmosphere in the hill was magic by the way, enjoyed it every bit as much as the match.

Thank you 1 to 15 for giving us all something to roar about.

On a side note, anyone know how to get facepaint off your beard hairs? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

We did it. My God we did it.

And well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Crash wrote: »

Unfortunately, the only experience I have with this is shaving it! :D

Then hope it grows back in time for the 23rd!

My God.

My voice hurts, my hands are sore, my backs in bits from shouting too much. I spent 15 quid on flags and 10 quid on a cheap bodhran, and i've have spent in twenty times over for that. The atmosphere in the hill was magic by the way, enjoyed it every bit as much as the match.

Thank you 1 to 15 for giving us all something to roar about.

My voice has gone in the last few minutes. Given up teh fight.

Best atmosphere of any match I've ever been to.
    P.C. wrote: »
    And well. :D

Yeah. Heroes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Leinster (I'm a Munster supporter)

Leave it blue dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 gerry1958

The Leinster supporters were magnificent. They out sang Munster by a country mile even before Leinster got on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Best atmosphere of any match I've ever been to
    didn't make it to Cardiff then?

didn't make it to Cardiff then?

I did say that I'd been to. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Munster (I'm a neutral)
    teednab-el wrote: »
    Well I'm a Munster fan and I will support any Irish team that makes a final in any competition unless they are playing against Munster of course :D

All I can say is that Leinster were the better team today, totally outplayed our guys, it was like a carbon print of the 2006 HC semi final only the teams reversed. We just have take our hats off to Leinster today.

I would like to see Leinster winning now as they deserve to win the Heineken Cup after all these years and I just hope they perform like this again in the final. It would be good for Irish rugby.

I think Leicester will win tomorrow and I would hate to see those b**tards win another Heineken Cup.

Although I admire your sentiments (and expected Leinster to beat us today-don't know why) can you understand why for certain fans, the emotion is a little bit raw right now. When you follow a team through thick and thin, it's very hard to turn around immediately and shout for your conquerors. Maybe that will have changed by May 23rd, maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Incredible performance from Leinster. I'll put my hands up and admit that the (admittedly clueless) people on this thread that had some faith in Nacewa were right. Hmmm. He was, in my opinion, man of the match. He was sublime today.

We now owe it to, not just ourselves, but Munster, our other fellow compatriots and all of Irish rugby to go ahead and bring all of Europe's best sliverware back to the island.

Leinster proved today that they're not the ladyboys that they're perceived to be. They're not the soft touch, lazy pundit fodder that they've been abused with all season. They're winners and champions. Everything rests on Edinburgh... and they can do it. We'd really appreciate the support of the immense Munster rugby fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

What a game! I agree with the post about the Leinster fans. When we arrived it looked like we were outnumbered 5 to 1 because the red sticks out but once the flags were raised it was about 60/40 in Munster's favour.

The Munster fans were surprisingly quiet even in the early stages when it was all to play for.

Nacewa was out of this world today. Rocky and Heaslip put in so much work it was unreal. MOK rolled back the years to pluck that ball on about 65mins. Darce was unbelievable; at one stage he made about 20 yards with three or four Munster players hanging out of him.

Leinster will win the final regardless of who gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

What a game! I agree with the post about the Leinster fans. When we arrived it looked like we were outnumbered 5 to 1 because the red sticks out but once the flags were raised it was about 60/40 in Munster's favour.

The Munster fans were surprisingly quiet even in the early stages when it was all to play for.

Nacewa was out of this world today. Rocky and Heaslip put in so much work it was unreal. MOK rolled back the years to pluck that ball on about 65mins. Darce was unbelievable; at one stage he made about 20 yards with three or four Munster players hanging out of him.

+1

Leinster will win the final regardless of who gets there.

I hope your right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I have just realised that the Sky+ didnt work. Oh dear.

Brilliant performance from Leinster. Was very emotional at the end of the match. The atmosphere was unreal where I was right behind the goal posts on the hill.

Rocky Elsom is probably the best forward in the world right now. Amazing stuff.

Well done to Nacewa. I said it to all my Munster friends that he was going to be an unknown quantity at fullback and not to write him off and boy did he prove me right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Six minutes into the match I had a bad feeling (I'm a Munster supporter) and my worst fears were confirmed. It felt like watching a car crash in slow motion. Munster just didn't show up.

Fair play Leinster, that is all:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iconor

Didn't get to see the match cos I'm away, and no tv. Sounds like it was good one. Anyone know where I can watch the highlights online?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

:(

haha, did you live up to the end of your bet with [jackass]?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

chupacabra wrote: »
    haha, did you live up to the end of your bet with [jackass]?

See page 23 of this thread. *sob*

:(:(:(:(:(

Jackass hasn't be on the forum yet methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

NickNolte wrote: »
    We'd really appreciate the support of the immense Munster rugby fans.

This Munster man will be backing ye all the way. Even gave me final ticket to a Leinster man....just keep that bleedin' cup in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

I remember once I had a fight in The Point theatre, one which I believed I'd show up and win. I even told my mother, of delicate persuasion, to come along and see her son in glorious action submit a gentleman in under two minutes.

Within a few seconds of that fight starting I knew I was in trouble. What followed was the most god-awful beating I have ever received. To the point where I just started laughing at the absolute ass-kicking I was receiving.

I laughed like that yesterday, too.

Leinster sure as hell picked a time to click, and click they did. From my lofty position in the Cusack Stand - very last row - I didn't see a man of the match, Leinster were a very cohesive unit it has to be said. I saw their two tries coming, and man BOD's run was beautiful (I heard him say he didn't have pace anymore, liar!)

Looking forward to the 23rd anyway, if Leinster produce another performance like that the HEC is in the bag.

Congratulations Leinster - revenge is indeed a dish best served cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

toomevara wrote: »
    This Munster man will be backing ye all the way; just keep that bleedin' cup in Ireland!

+1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Leinster sure as hell picked a time to click

It certainly seems that way. I don't quite know how Cheika's done it but against Harlequins, Leinster seemed to be all venom up front and their defence was immense. Against Glasgow last week, the backs were firing on all cylinders. Somehow for yesterdays game, he seemed to have struck an almost perfect, 15 man balance. Let's hope he can keep it up for Leicester/Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

From a Leinster viewpoint, who would you prefer to face in the final...Leicester or Cardiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

To be honest, I think currently i'd prefer Cardiff. Leicesters big game experience of grinding out wins terrifies me for a match like this - though to be honest i'll hold off til watching this afternoons game before making a call on it :P

toomevara wrote: »
    From a Leinster viewpoint, who would you prefer to face in the final...Leicester or Cardiff?

Cardiff. I think our defence can handle their broken field play and I'd be worried about Leicesters previous track record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Cardiff. I think our defence can handle their broken field play and I'd be worried about Leicesters previous track record.

But if Leicester win today and make the GP final they'll have 4 straight weeks of knockout rugby. They won't be able to rest key players like Leinster or Cardiff will.

Advertisement