Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Leinster - pre/during/post thread

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Munster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    madds wrote: »
    I heard one attempt start up about 15 minutes in but it only lasted about 15 seconds.

Maybe it just didn't feel right singing about fields in Connacht to other Irish people this time. :p Been sung more and more at Irish matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Leinster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    RuggieBear wrote: »
    different things annoy different people...my own pet peeve are the ****ers who go to the bar/toilet 20 times a match, forcing me to stand to let them in and out each time and interrupting my enjoyment of the match
    Yeah I noticed that especially yesterday, there were a lot of offenders in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

different things annoy different people...my own pet peeve are the ****ers who go to the bar/toilet 20 times a match, forcing me to stand to let them in and out each time and interrupting my enjoyment of the match

I agree, suppose that would be the consequences of a late kickoff and weak bladders. I purposely keep my serious drinking till after the game as I hate it when the seal is broken and I'm up out of my seat every 10 minutes. It's no fun when you're stuck on the Hill either!! Learnt my lesson there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I just pee myself. In the hill no one notices, and my legs feel warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

[Jackass] wrote: »
    For those who were at the match or those who just want to relive the moments - here are the trys (courtesy of dave cahill, Leinsterfans.com)

D'Arcy sets the tone:

Fitz burns Warwick:

O'Driscoll puts iceing on cake:

Jaysus, they didn't waste their telling the world about their victory. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Leinster (I'm a Munster supporter)
    Jaysus, they didn't waste their telling the world about their victory. :(

Leinster tries from every single game invariably end up on youtube the day after the game, there's a guy from leinsterfans.com called Dave Cahill who uploads them.

Enjoy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Just watched that You Tube link of BOD's try and I feel ill again. Having watched the match live and later that night on RTE I just want to erase the whole day from my memory!

I prefer to remember Munster/Leinster in their usual roles. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl5mxow0c8g

We'll be back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just watched that You Tube link of BOD's try and I feel ill again. Having watched the match live and later that night on RTE I just want to erase the whole day from my memory!

I prefer to remember Munster/Leinster in their usual roles. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl5mxow0c8g

We'll be back!

That's the thing, there are no usual Munster/Leinster roles. With 1 SF win each now it's pretty even down through recent years. Each team normally wins their home game with the doubles being done this and last season. Leinster are one of the only teams who beat Munster on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Motherf***ers the lot of 'em.
    A new league should be formed for the late arrivals/early leavers so they can p*ss off and leave the supporting to the rest of us.

I now know the difference between Leinster and Munster fans. One group washes their hands after going for a p*ss while the other doesn't. And in the sense of pure neutrality, I'm not going to say which is which :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Crash wrote: »
    I just pee myself. In the hill no one notices, and my legs feel warmer.

So that's what that was :(

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

madds wrote: »
    Anyone notice Sexton screaming into O'Gara's face when Darcy got across the line for the first try? Some may say its a sign of passion etc. but its not needed IMO.

Eh....you mean like the way O'Gara screamed in Sexton's face in previous matches?

Or....the cheapshot on the touchline when Sexton was down.

Pot....Kettle.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gerry1958

As a Leinster STH with tickets etc all booked for Edinburgh since last November, I have no axe to grind and indeed think the vast majority of Munster fans have been outstanding. But there is a but.

I was shocked to see Munster fans actively selling to Leicster fans on the Leicster Rugby site. If a true Munster (and Irish) rugby supporter who has access to Munster Rugby's boards wouldn't mind doing so, could you please please post a message asking your fellow fans to desist from selling to Leicster fans. There are thousands of Leinster fans who are desperate for tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Munster (I'm a neutral)
    gerry1958 wrote: »
    As a Leinster STH with tickets etc all booked for Edinburgh since last November, I have no axe to grind and indeed think the vast majority of Munster fans have been outstanding. But there is a but.

I was shocked to see Munster fans actively selling to Leicster fans on the Leicster Rugby site. If a true Munster (and Irish) rugby supporter who has access to Munster Rugby's boards wouldn't mind doing so, could you please please post a message asking your fellow fans to desist from selling to Leicster fans. There are thousands of Leinster fans who are desperate for tickets.

Why? I have friends from Leicster, and friends from Leinster. Who are you to dictate whom I sell to?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gerry1958

If you read my post I am not dictating to anyone but in replying you have just proved my point!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

dan719 wrote: »
    Why? I have friends from Leicster, and friends from Leinster. Who are you to dictate whom I sell to?

Clearly he is not talking about people like you. Or are you selling your tickets to friends through the Leicster site? which would at the very least seem a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Munster (I'm a neutral)
    gerry1958 wrote: »
    If you read my post I am not dictating to anyone but in replying you have just proved my point!

No, this really annoys me. I play for a Leinster Club, but am originally from Munster. According to the majority of posters on this forum I, and many others like me, should not have been entitled to a ticket through my Leinster Club, since that would not be 'protecting Leinster's ticket allocation'. In that case, don't allow non-Leinster fans any involvement in Leinster clubs. No refs, no coaches, no nothing. That's grand so.

And sure as hell don't come back and try and tell Munster fans to do with their final tickets after all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

I pray for the future of this bitter, twisted country sometimes. It's like living in The Wind The Shakes The Barley.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

What a roller coaster day on Saturday. It was such an enjoyable day - the pre-match banter, the walk to Croke Park, the buzz of the Hill and the excitement of the build up :D

Such a shame that from a Munster fan point of view, it seemed to go flat so quickly. With the capacity crowd, it would have been such a hair-raising event if it was a neck and neck match...but it wasn't from pretty early on :(

To those who say that it is begrudgery to say that Munster didn't show up/play to ability etc - I disagree. We didn't. If both teams played with the passion and flow that Leinster did and Munster have for most of this season, it would have been one cracker of a S/F.

Roll on 2010 ;)

Advertisement