Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Leinster - pre/during/post thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

figs86 wrote: »

No sub scrum-half named for Leinster? I'm pretty sure O'Donohue wasn't registered as a Heineken Cup squad member. Will look a bit thick if anything happens to Whitaker! And I feel O'D merited inclusion in the squad

Suppose Nacewa can slot in there same as he plays everywhere else!

Simon Keogh is the replacement scrum half, he can play wing as well - and has been shockingly underused this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

If Cheika took his balls out of his handbag and started Sexton at 10 and Dr. phil at 12 I would have tipped us to upset the bookies, as it stands and with Nacewa at 15 who'll just run aimlessly from too deep or hoof it up the field with repeated Garryowen's, we'll hand territory to Munster on a plate. We don't have cutting edge to break through the Munster defence...

Munster by 12+

If Sexton comes off the bench early enough in the game then Munster by 6+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Leinster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    figs86 wrote: »
    No sub scrum-half named for Leinster? I'm pretty sure O'Donohue wasn't registered as a Heineken Cup squad member. Will look a bit thick if anything happens to Whitaker! And I feel O'D merited inclusion in the squad

Like he suddenly discovers how to play Rugby ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Like he suddenly discovers how to play Rugby ;)
    He was a great halfback for both ACT and Australia before he moved over to Europe. Unlucky with the timing of being Guv Gregan's understudy for most of his career but thats life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Leinster (I'm a Munster supporter)
    He was a great halfback for both ACT and Australia before he moved over to Europe. Unlucky with the timing of being Guv Gregan's understudy for most of his career but thats life.

Was looking pretty good for Leinster too up until his injury, it's just since he came back that he has lost his edge! But he has well and truely lost it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Only 27 hours to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭twinytwo

munster have the advantage at every postion besides both props and 13 because earls is no O'Driscoll ..yet. With the munster back row Heaslip and Rocky will easily be kept under wraps. We know Munster cna play under pressure.. the question is can Leinster??.....

On a side note

Hayes has only missed 2 of Munsters European games since he debut in 98.
    he will also become the tje leading cap holder in the HC

If drico scores tomorrow he will join Clerc and JAmes as the only players to have scored 25 Heineken cup tries

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Leinster (I'm a Munster supporter)
    twinytwo wrote: »
    munster have the advantage at every postion besides both props and 13 because earls is no O'Driscoll ..yet. With the munster back row Heaslip and Rocky will easily be kept under wraps. We know Munster cna play under pressure.. the question is can Leinster??.....

No ones managed to keep Elsom under wraps so far! The two backrows are easily evenly matched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 lilywhites1982

According to this preview I just read Leinster v Munster Kearney believes that revenge will motivate a Leinster win. But I don't think attittude alone can win this for Drico & Co. Their mental strength, skill and talent don't equal or come anywhere near Munster, so it's gotta be a Munster -6 bet for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Munster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    because earls is no O'Driscoll ..yet.

I don't think he ever will be. Fine player though.

To be honest, with Nacewa at 15, it's game over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

could be a worry alright, if he doesn't handle a bombardment well though fitzgerald could slot in at FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My worry wouldn't be Nacewa under the high ball, it would be Nacewa as last line of defence. He often tackles very high, and doesn't wrap up, and often you see other Leinster players coming in to double up with him. Not the best situation to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

has he played much at full back? his positioning is going to have to be spot on with warwick and o gara against him

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Well I am signing off of this forum until the game is over. Enjoy the game everyone and may the best (Munster) team win! Seriously lets hope it lives up to the hype as a contest.

(In any case lets not get carried away with ourselves whether our team wins or not, I will be at the game with a mix of Leinster and Munster fans and I am not planning on falling out with any of them no matter what the result).

According to this preview I just read Leinster v Munster Kearney believes that revenge will motivate a Leinster win. But I don't think attittude alone can win this for Drico & Co. Their mental strength, skill and talent don't equal or come anywhere near Munster, so it's gotta be a Munster -6 bet for me!

Revenge for what the thumping in 06 of the thumping they got the last two times the teams met?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

If drico scores tomorrow he will join Clerc and JAmes as the only players to have scored 25 Heineken cup tries

Not if Shaggy scores too!

RtD wrote: »
    Not if Shaggy scores too!

You are correct, my bad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

You are correct, my bad:D

My optimism ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

Munster 3-0 drop goal from Warwick in the last minute from inside his own 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Think I might log off as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

There's only one Dougie Howlett,
    He'll drink in your bar,
    He'll dance on your car,
    Walking in a Dougie Wonderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heh, slightly different to the one I had heard.

Drinking in bars,
    Dancing on cars,
    Living in a Dougie Wonderland.

Great tune ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ah he's no Mark Kennedy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭Goose81

No they dont,I would have Nacewa over Warwick (you will see),Fitzgerald over Dowling and the best 6 in the world elsom over quinlan anyday.I would also have Heaslip over Leamy.
    NickNolte wrote: »
    I don't think he ever will be. Fine player though.

To be honest, with Nacewa at 15, it's game over.

I see you have a good knowledge of the super 14.
    Nacewa is a natural fullback and its his best position,he played his best game there during the year before he got injured and played most of his rugby for the blues there,except in his last when he was switched to 10 for most of the year.

Why is it game over?

He will do exactly what Munster didnt want which is run it back.
    They should be able to deal with him but they would have prefered it being kicked to them,so its a smart move by Cheika.

Goose81 wrote: »
    I would have Nacewa over Warwick (you will see)

Maybe we will see but to be fair that's the craizest thing I've ever heard.

Can Nacewa kick wellout of hand?.........NO
    Can he kick drop goals from 50m?..................NO
    Can he seemlessly slot in and be a very good fly-half?....................NO
    Is he a good passer?..................................NO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

No they dont,I would have Nacewa over Warwick (you will see),Fitzgerald over Dowling and the best 6 in the world elsom over quinlan anyday.I would also have Heaslip over Leamy,as the Irish team do.

I could go on,what a stupid comment.

Wow, calm down. It was just his opinion; one I, for the most part agree with.

In the forwards, IMO, Munster have the advantage at hooker and locks, as well as openside.

The half-backs are playing phemoninally at the minute, compared to Whitaker and Contepomi (at least against Munster anyway). If you honestly think D'Arcy is playing better than Mafi then...

Howlett, Warwick and Dowling are also in the form of their lives at the minute.

I see you have a good knowledge of the super 14.

I do actually. Nacewa doesn't play in the Super 14 anymore though so I'd recommend you take your pseudo-knowledge and bin it.

When was the last time Nacewa played full back? Will his aimless kicking be less aimless tomorrow do you think? Will his defence be better than it has been this season? It'll need to be.
    Why is it game over?

Because he's going to have a lot of responsibility tomorrow and he's been consistently underperforming for Leinster all season?
    He will do exactly what Munster didnt want which is run it back.

I hope you're right, I really do. Judging by his decision making thus far, I'd be surprised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭Goose81

:rolleyes::rolleyes: x 100000000000000000000000.

That's like saying Bergamasco is better than Peter "Stinger" Stringer.

You clearly have never seen him play at fullback.He is an unbelievable broken field runner.

Warwick is in the form of his life but he isnt of the same class,he was a super 14 reject.
    Whereas if Nacewa hadnt played for Fiji he would have made the AB's bench.
    Nacewa wil show what he is capable of at 15,which is a lot.

Your stupid Smileys and xxx dont make it un true.

Judging by your Lions team a while ago and world 15,I dont think you are in any position to criticise someones analysis of a player.
    NickNolte wrote: »
    I do actually. Nacewa doesn't play in the Super 14 anymore though so I'd recommend you take your pseudo-knowledge and bin it.

When was the last time Nacewa played full back? Will his aimless kicking be less aimless tomorrow do you think? Will his defence be better than it has been this season? It'll need to be.

Because he's going to have a lot of responsibility tomorrow and he's been consistently underperforming for Leinster all season?
    I hope you're right, I really do. Judging by his decision making thus far, I'd be surprised though.

If you had seen him play,you wouldnt be so quick to rubbish him.Player of the year in the Air New Zealand cup,top points scorer.

His defence has not been as suspect as people make out at all,I think he is doing a fine job playing every position except his best this season.

Signing off myself for a while. One too many morons on the forum so close to match time.

• Advertisement

Fair enough Goose81, sorry for being a b*tch but Warwick is a class apart imo.

Advertisement