Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Leinster - pre/during/post thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭Goose81

Munster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    NickNolte wrote: »
    Signing off myself for a while. One too many morons on the forum so close to match time.

Yeah please do.
    Your talking rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Signing off myself for a while. One too many morons on the forum so close to match time.

A very wise move.

Fair enough Goose81, sorry for being a bitch but Warwick is a class apart imo.

Yeah he is,Im a big fan but I think Nacewa in the same form is beter.Who knows if he will produce it or not but what was said about Munster having better players everywhere is simply untrue.

I also compared because im sick of the **** Nacewa is taking.Warwick wouldnt do well on the wing and neither does Nacewa,despite being forced to play there.

I will happily admit Munster are a better team,the best team in Europe imo and will go down in history.

But I dont understand how someone can say they are superior in every position except for 3 players,its simply untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster (I'm a Leinster supporter)
    Goose81 wrote: »
    Yeah he is,Im a big fan but I think Nacewa in the same form is beter.Who knows if he will produce it or not but what was said about Munster having better players everywhere is simply untrue.

I also compared because im sick of the **** Nacewa is taking.Warwick wouldnt do well on the wing and neither does Nacewa,despite being forced to play there.

He just seems to like Christian Cullen for Munster (without all the injuries of course).

I think the talent/potential is there but for some reason, possibly the coaches/NH rugby or whatever, he just ain't doing it at the moment.

He just seems to like Christian Cullen for Munster (without all the injuries of course).

I think the talent/potential is there but for some reason, possibly the coaches/NH rugby or whatever, he just ain't doing it at the moment.

Ah I dont know if hes that good ,Cullen is the best player to ever pick up a ball imo by I know what you mean. :D

I really do feel though that it would be like playing Warwick on the wing.
    Nacewa does not have unbelievable pace like people seem to think because he is fijian decent.
    He is useless on the wing,he is a stepper.

And people constantly batter him with criticism when its not deserved imo.

I think the selection of him at 15 is brave and the right decision by Cheika.

• Advertisement

Even though I am a huge ROG supporter, if ROG got injured before the game, I wouldn't be too worried about fly half as in his current form Warwick is on a par with ROG (minus the kicking into corners perhaps).

Of course that would probably leave Denis "OMG, how did he not take that garryowen?" Hurley at FB, :D:D.

Even though I am a huge ROG supporter, if ROG got injured before the game, I wouldn't be too worried about fly half as in his current form Warwick is on a par with ROG (minus the kicking into corners perhaps).

Of course that would probably leave Denis "OMG, how did he not take that garryowen?" Hurley at FB, :D:D.

He offers a different type of game alright.

Maybe Cheika is trying to do the same thing as Tony,have 2 10's like Munster.One at 10 and one at 15

Only thing is ours are actually a 12 and a 15 whereas yours are both 10's:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

The reason you have Warwick is because his game is not one that's looked for in Super 14s or Aussie rugby in general. He kicks too much.

We think of him as a running out-half, but they seem as far too kicky.

Nacewa is by all accounts (and I've only seen him once or twice prior to Leinster, I'm hardly an avid fan of getting up at the crack of dawn to watch silly amounts of tries) a phenomenen when counter-attacking and running the ball in broken play.

He made a massive impression on Leinster players last summer, and before the arm break (many many moons ago) he did look a class act.

It's an interesting call.
    He offers a different type of game alright.

Maybe Cheika is trying to do the same thing as Tony,have 2 10's like Munster.One at 10 and one at 15

Only thing is ours are actually a 12 and a 15 whereas yours are both 10's:D

He also comes from a different game, which has meant he's struggled at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

Jaysus, even as a Leinster fan I think my eyes would prefer to be spared that, would much rather Murphy to 13 and Earls to FB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Yeah please do.
    Your talking rubbish.

Judging by the uninformed nonsense you post on here mate, I'd suggest it's you who's talking rubbish. Glad you're a big fan of Nacewa despite the fact that he's been playing crap all season. Are you even watching the pitch? Real rugby brain you are :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

believe.jpg

ROCKY-1.jpg

*credited to Leinsterfans.com!

C'mon Munster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

It's all getting a bit childish now isn't it?
    Why don't ya's take a break and get your homework done otherwise mammy and daddy won't let ya's stay up to watch the rugby tomorrow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Leinster (I'm a Munster supporter)
    Judging by the uninformed nonsense you post on here mate, I'd suggest it's you who's talking rubbish. Glad you're a big fan of Nacewa despite the fact that he's been playing crap all season. Are you even watching the pitch? Real rugby brain you are :pac:

That's just wrong, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

thomond, reduce your sig please

lads, stop with the silly posts

I'm as big a Leinster fan as you'll meet but I'm just not feeling any kind of hpye, build up, nerves, anything like that. For the Thursday and Friday before the Grand Slam game I was an absolute bag of nerves but it's just not there this time. The reason for that is I just don't think Leinster have a chance. I'm going to the game and I'll try enjoy the day, and hopefully Munster fans can be gracious in victory and there'll be a bit of craic afterwards.

Hey Jackass, I see you're online.

Want to lay your pride in Leinster Rugby on the line again?

If Munster win you must quote:

"I admit, Munster are the greatest side in Ireland and Leinster are a bunch of ladyboys incapable of standing up to the Mighty Red Army"

If Leinster win I promise to quote:

"I admit, Leinster are the greatest side in Ireland. They showed Munster who the real ladyboys are. I am going to go cry now."

So Jackass what do you say? Are you brave enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

hoping for a good match! i really dont know who i want to win to be honest! as a connacht supporter i just want a good game!
    i like to leinster to get because they never won the cup but id like munster to win and leister so there could be some revenge from the neil back incident!
    good luck to the the two teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

LEINSTER/ MUNSTER - MY CHOICE
    15: Nacewa/ Warrick- Warrick
    14: Horgan/ Howlett- Howlett
    13: O'Driscoll/ Earls- O'Driscoll
    12: D'Arcy/ Mafi- Mafi
    11: Fitzgerald/ Dowling- Fitzgerald
    10: Contepomi/ O'Gara- O'Gara
    9: Whitaker/ Stringer- Stringer

1: Healy/ Horan- Healy
    2: Jackman/ Flannery- Flannery
    3: Wright/ Hayes- Hayes
    4: Cullen/ O'Connell- O'Connell
    5: O'Kelly/ O'Callaghan- O'Callaghan
    6: Elsom/ Quinlen- Quinlen
    7: Jennings/ Wallace- Wallace
    8: Heaslip/ Leamy- Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: J Fogarty/ D Fogerty- D Fogerty
    17: McCormack/ Buckley- Buckley
    18: Toner/ O'Driscoll- O'Driscoll
    19: O'Brien/ Ronan- Ronan
    20: Keogh/ Prendagast- Prendagast
    21: Sexton/ Murphy- Murphy
    22: Dempsey/ Hurley- Dempsey

thats my choice. 17 outta 22 to munster and 5 to leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Well lads, its approaching bed time for me here. Best of luck to all the leinster people here for tomorrow. I hope for the sake of irish rugby we will witness a spectacular display of the highest level and regardless of the result we'll have a pint and a sing song afterwards. Here's to a bloody well historic year in irish rugby!! Good night.

oh and.. COME ON MUNSTER!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Tomtom364 wrote: »

REPLACEMENTS:

I'd agree with most of that but come on Quinlen over Elsom? The man has been a machine all season and played unreal throughout. The guy is an absolute beast. I also wouldn't be sure of the Mafi against D'Arcy one, thats gonna be a good battle.

Those player comparisons aren't worth anything. Rugby is a team game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Thinking of putting a few quid on a try scorer tomorrow.

Wallace is 4/1, Earls 11/4, dougie 2/1, bod 9/2.

If ye were to back someone getting a try (within the 80 mins - doesn't have to be first tryscorer) who would u back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

If ye were to back someone getting a try (within the 80 mins - doesn't have to be first tryscorer) who would u back?

How about a real gamble 125/1 on Keith Earls to score three tries - the potential return on a €10 bet is a staggering €1260! G'wan you know you want to!

C'MON MUNSTER!

Nick once again you embarrass yourself.You really are a poor reflection of a Munster supporter.

First you claim Leinster are worse in every position except 3,you then claim Nacewa at 15 will be the final nail in Leinster coffin,for some unknown reason because he is actually a 15.

You have yet to actually explain this,despite the fact he has played well most of the season but you claim otherwise.

You could take a huge lesson from Thomond 06 and myself ,who will both happily admit we were wrong,you however are just stubborn in being wrong.

You really dont have a clue.

REPLACEMENTS:

Are we doing form,or what they are capable on their best day given their talents?

I will do on their best day

NOTE THIS DOES NOT TAKE FORM INTO ACCOUNT

15: Nacewa/ Warrick- Nacewa
    12: D'Arcy/ Mafi- Darcy
    10: Contepomi/ O'Gara- Contepomi

1: Healy/ Horan- Horan
    6: Elsom/ Quinlen- Elsom

REPLACEMENTS:

16: J Fogarty/ D Fogerty- J Fogerty
    19: O'Brien/ Ronan- O'Brien
    20: Keogh/ Prendagast- Keogh
    21: Sexton/ Murphy- Sexton

I will just count first team
    Leinster=7
    Munster=8

Personally on his best day if he nails his darts Jackman offer more than Flannery.He rarely nails his darts though so I will leave it.

BTW how can you pick Quinlan over Elsom.He is the best 6 in the world?
    He is the player of the year in world rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Warrick.... very dependable I think. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I just think Munster will have the little bit too much for Drico's boys tomorrow, our greatest opponent is complacency. Munster by 10 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

REPLACEMENTS:

Correct apart from the fact that Elsom is 100% over Quinlan in fact Elsom is one of the best 6 in the world right now! Also I would certainly have Sean O'Brien over Ronan!! Sexton over Murphy and Keogh over Prendagast as well but other than that its spot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

I had an craicin dream last night where I was playing in the HEC Semi final. For the first half, I was playing for Munster, and managed to get in for a try. This half seemed to fly by.

Then, at half time, I had to kit out in Leinster gear (for whatever reason it was the white strip) and play for them. I fluffed a drop goal attempt in the 75th minute, but we got possession off the re-start, kept it tight and again I got in from 7 metres out. I looked at Paul O'Connell and smiled. He didn't seem angry with me, he respected me playing the game no matter which team I was on. Leinster got the conversion, which meant Leinster had a 4 point lead with 2 minutes remaining.

BO'D congratulated me and went off - I think his hamstring was at him, but Munster piled forward. Off the ruck, Paul plowed straight through me to ground the ball. I tried to get my hand underneath it, but the try was awarded. Paul just looked at me and laughed - "Blindside MotherF*cker" - which is quite hilarious even if it is a dream.

All in all not a bad day for me to score two tries on my HEC debut.

Anyway, predictions - Munster 22-14 Leinster.

Advertisement