Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Leinster - pre/during/post thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Noopti wrote: »
    Man, I feel really sorry for Contepomi. I really hope his injury isn't serious.

just saw a shot of him on crutches ... looks to be in a bit of pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Here you go guys, loadza stream choice:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=37806&part=sports

Try them all, but the lower bitrate streams seem more consistent. I am using - Kostaz007 / Mediaplayer ones.

Commentry and picture streaming fine ..

Enjoy
    Aidan, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

no - i'm from wicklow so if i support anyone in this game it is leinster, but the fact is the ball went forward twice from the point of release in that try. Not bien a big Rugby nut that appears, to me, to be against the rules. If it is not, please explain why it is not. Does momentum come into play in the rules, in that you can throw the ball behind yourself but the momentum of your pace would carry it forward? Please, explain why the two passes in that try are not considered forward passes?

They are but forward but if the ref or assistant ref don't see it then it's not forward it's play on, that's just rugby happens all the time you just have to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,845 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Stev_o wrote: »
    They are but forward but if the ref or assistant ref don't see it then it's not forward it's play on, that's just rugby happens all the time you just have to deal with it.

grand - cheers, just thought i had got the rules wrong, just wanted to know if the passes were against the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I HATE Sky Sports, I miss George Hook

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

anyone else think elsom was a mile offside for his tackle on dowling to stop a munster try?
    Seemed ridiculously obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

can see Munster steamrolling them 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Does momentum come into play in the rules...?

No it doesn't. It was a clear forward pass. But what about the try scorer crawling several metres to touch down? He's supposed to release the ball when grounded. Rugby is so imprecise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

castie wrote: »
    anyone else think elsom was a mile offside for his tackle on dowling to stop a munster try?

To be fair the break came from a forward pass.

castie wrote: »

Everyone is off side, Owens isn't reffing a offside for both teams off the ruck.

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It was a clear forward pass. But what about the try scorer crawling several metres to touch down? He's supposed to release the ball when grounded. Rugby is so imprecise.

Has to be held like in League for that rule to be implied the fact was he wasn't held and had the right to crawl as much as he liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

What was the comment that sky apologised for at the build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

rarnes1 wrote: »
    can see Munster steamrolling them 2nd half
    I could see Munster being ahead at half time but that hasn't happened. They have a fair bit of work to do.
    greenman09 wrote: »
    What was the comment that sky apologised for at the build up.
    Must have had a few complaints in. :)

Sherifu wrote: »
    Must have had a few complaints in. :)

'bout what :confused:

Loooooovely.

Munster really up against it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Great finish

try Fitzgerald!

what a side step!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

leinster are playing an awesome game right now.

if they can keep it up, i don't think even the 'mighty' munster can come back.

fitzgerald is a world-class finisher.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Jeez, Munster are playing crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ha! G'wan Shane Byrne! Legend

great to see shane byrne in the crowd ... waving his flag

The mullet man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Has to be held like in League for that rule to be implied the fact was he wasn't held and had the right to crawl as much as he liked.

He has no right to crawl at all:
    (c)
    A player who goes to the ground and gathers the ball or with the ball in his possession but who is not tackled must immediately get up on his feet with the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

o'gara having a bit of a shocker right now.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    He has no right to crawl at all:

true ... crawling after the momentum of the tackle could be called second movement by some refs ... it can be a grey area when players move at pace, and/or carry momentum

trout wrote: »
    true ... crawling after the momentum of the tackle could be called second movement by some refs ... it can be a grey area when players move at pace, and/or carry momentum

You can argue and in most cases it's accepted that your trying to get to your feet in the act which is what dacy is doing. It's not crawling per say elbows and knees causing the body to move forward but more scrambling forward trying to get up.

You can argue and in most cases it's accepted that your trying to get to your feet in the act which is what dacy is doing. It's not crawling per say elbows and knees causing the body to move forward but more scrambling forward trying to get up.

nothin' wrong with the try ... D'Arcy was carried forward by momentum

Great defence from Leinster. They're looking very solid and composed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

In BOD we trust....

Advertisement