Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

golfing societies in clare

• 27-04-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

my school has the castle course in lahinch for a golf classic in june. i was looking to contact a few golfing societies in clare/south galway to invite them if possible. i can't seem to get a list off google and was looking for some advice on how to go about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Denis.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Here's a full list of society's in Ireland, have fun filtering through them http://www.gui.ie/societies.asp?pid=15&area=1

Normally there's a full list of results in the Champion each Thursday, either that or if you ring the Golf Club they will give you the names of societies that normally play there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

thats great clareman, really appreciate your help.

any other help would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Give Seamus Hayes a shout in the Clare Champion, he should be able to help you out. Also, the Ennis Town Council had their Golf Classic last weekend, so they might be able to help you if you give them a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Did Woodstock golf club close down? It could have been a nice course if they'd let it mature a little bit. I was only ever a member of Ennis Golf Club and it's a bit on the messy side. The holes are too close to each other and overlapping.

The hotel closed, the Golf Club has nothing to do with the hotel, that never closed. It's a nice course up there, but I have to say I prefer Ennis, don't ask me why, I know it's a tight course, but it teaches you to play a tight game rather than hit big booming drive after drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Hotel is open again

Advertisement