Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Open letter to the producer of Drivetime

• 27-04-2009 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya Horse,

The Flutt came in after a stressful day and opened a cold one, and sat down to the lamb chops/garlic musheroons/spuds/turnips.

Radio on,Mary Wilson and Emma going on about hog futures in Chicageo.

Suddenly, down to the bone on the second chop noticed Drivetime sport was on,it was 18.45 and the Flutt was enjoying the nice swift tempo, the accurate decisive questions, and the seamless transition:eek::eek::eek:WTF

Hit me then ,Michael Lyster was presenting the prog. as it should be presented.
    Fast,snappy,in tune with what went on before, same tempo,current news,no sideswipes,fcukin good radio.

None of the stop-start stuff Dessie goes on with, none of the sly sledging, the banter with de boys, the digs,the innuendos,the tiresome anti MU stuff,the hmmmmphing , the " insider jokes".

Jaysus it made a welcome change..so mister producer if you read boards, take a little time to reflect on this and any replies that may happen, but tonights Drivetime sport, in my opinion is the way to present it.

Good man.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I always thought Des was okay. A lot of people dont seem to like him though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Good post Flutt - one of yore better ones ...not a mention of any loose midden...makes a refreshing change.

Of course the Lyster fellow knows how to present a sports prog -most of the guys in RTE do....Molony / Collins / Eames et all.

Iv'e come to the conclusion that Cahill is so into himself that he is oblivious to the impression he gives out and indulges himself shamelessly with all his opinions and predujices.

This behaviour has no place - no place ..in public radio...cannot believe the fookoos have given him the FLAGSHIP week end GAA prog.

Not a good move my friends.....not a good move at all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Personally i'd like a little vareity with RTE with the 6.30 slot, maybe rotate presenters a bit more. Different voices for such a slot would be welcome imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Good post Flutt - one of yore better ones ...not a mention of any loose midden...makes a refreshing change.

Of course the Lyster fellow knows how to present a sports prog -most of the guys in RTE do....Molony / Collins / Eames et all.

Iv'e come to the conclusion that Cahill is so into himself that he is oblivious to the impression he gives out and indulges himself shamelessly with all his opinions and predujices.

This behaviour has no place - no place ..in public radio...cannot believe the fookoos have given him the FLAGSHIP week end GAA prog.

Not a good move my friends.....not a good move at all....

thanks Fulton, I value your opinion:rolleyes:

Cahill was on yesterday, jaysus, what's with the man and the stop start delivery.
    Was rarin' to wind up the Moonster- Leinster stuff,couldn't wait to get the digs in.

This lad is a frikken disaster,tabloid radio at it's fookin worst.
    "And what do de fans tink"' hmmmmph...eeeeeeeech Roight yeh snnnort snnnnort.. Leinster could toorn de taybles snnnnnorth.

Get this lad off the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

I don't know, I think Des is quite good and the JNLRs seem to indicate that more people are starting to think so too.

Bit contradictive calling him tabloidy when you're making big statements like GET THIS MAN OFF RADIO - you see that type of crap every day in headings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Purely from a grammatical prespective, FlutterinBantam would never make a statement like....
    Real FM wrote: »
    GET THIS MAN OFF RADIO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Maybe you didn't get the message in my previous post hmmmm ?

The problem with the boy Cahill is that he shows no respect... indulges HIMSELF shamelesly...little regard for the listner.

That is just not on...would agree with the flutt..this boy has passed his sell by...has no place on Radio.

People will rumble him in time just like they rumbled those buffoons from Navan Hector and Tommmy Tiernan.

Gormless talentless buffoons........

Advertisement