Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blanch Out For Season

• 27-04-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

The Wakefield injury curse has struck Ireland's World Cup star performer Damien Blanch, who ruptured his cruciate knee ligaments in Sunday's game against Wigan and will now miss the rest of the season.

I am sure all RL fans will wish Damien well for a full recovery, from what is a very serious injury.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    The Wakefield injury curse has struck Ireland's World Cup star performer Damien Blanch, who ruptured his cruciate knee ligaments in Sunday's game against Wigan and will now miss the rest of the season.

I am sure all RL fans will wish Damien well for a full recovery, from what is a very serious injury.

Really sorry for the guy, a fantastic player and definitely our star turn at the WC...big blow for Wakey...just cant get a break this season at all with injuries...makes the season they've had all the more remarkable....hope he gets back in the game as soon as possible.

Any truth in the rumour flying around that Wakey are sniffing around Paul Cooke?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

No, the rumours are more to do with players leaving, particularly Danny Brough, due to falling attendances:(

No, the rumours are more to do with players leaving, particularly Danny Brough, due to falling attendances:(

What's your average gate this season? Can't understand it.Wakey playing an attractive, enterprising brand of football, always seem well supported at away fixtures too. Any idea where Brough supposed to be going?

*Edit* just answered me own question...Huddersfield. Interesting move for Brough and the Giants. SO the Cooke thing, may have a ring of truth...

toomevara wrote: »
    What's your average gate this season? Can't understand it.Wakey playing an attractive, enterprising brand of football, always seem well supported at away fixtures too. Any idea where Brough supposed to be going?

*Edit* just answered me own question...Huddersfield. Interesting move for Brough and the Giants. SO the Cooke thing, may have a ring of truth...

Whilst Wakey have a strong hardcore of loyal supporters who bring a big away crowd, the home gates though are only averaging 5,771 so far this season.

The club is denying any knowledge of a Brough transfer, of course, but that doesn't mean anything! Doubt whether KR or Cooke would be interested in a move to Wakey as he seems settled there, at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I think Wakefield is the biggest English city without a football league side, so the fans should turn up for RL.

Brough should stay where he is unless he has fallen out with Kear. Did Kear sell him from hull originally?

Whilst Wakey have a strong hardcore of loyal supporters who bring a big away crowd, the home gates though are only averaging 5,771 so far this season.

Thats absolutely inexplicable....from what? a population of about 80,000 or so. Must be incredibly frustrating for the club...I only tend to go to Wakey when Leeds are playing and its always pretty full, but then I guess thats because you all bleedin' hate Loiners...;)

toomevara wrote: »
    Thats absolutely inexplicable....from what? a population of about 80,000 or so. Must be incredibly frustrating for the club...I only tend to go to Wakey when Leeds are playing and its always pretty full, but then I guess thats because you all bleedin' hate Loiners...;)

The Leeds and Cas derby games usually draw the biggest attendances of the season. The problem lies in the fact that Wakey have lost more games than they have won for two decades. It is only in last few seasons that this has started to change, but we have lost a generation of potential fans and in these difficult financial times it hard to draw in new fans. Hopefully, the proposed new stadium will give the club a chance for a new start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

I was wondering why I hadnt seen him on the pitch in last few weeks

brilliant in world cup, werent there rumours of him signing for RU provinces

Advertisement