Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition to stop the poisoning of the white tailed eagles in Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Tourism already one of the most important industries in Kerry will become even more important as the downturn intensifies. Ecotourism is the worlds fastest growing tourism product which is why the sort of headlines Kerry has been getting recently is so damaging. Personally i know of one large group of visitors from the UK who were hoping to view the eagles in the stunning setting of Killarney NP at the end of June and are now instead heading to Scotland to see them out of disgust at what is happening in Irelands premier tourist county.

See the article below which highlights the economic, ecological and cultural treason a small criminal element within the farming community is inflicting on Kerry and the country at large

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...246187446.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 helenduggan

good thread i agree its a disgrace the poisoning of these beautiful birds

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yes, hopefully some like-minded eagles will get together and haul one of the morons out to sea before dropping him from a great height. They can then return and grab the rest of the low-lifes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Kenmare

I dislike eagles.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Kenmare wrote: »
    I dislike eagles.

:pac:

We know where you live.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    Please see the below link and sign the petition
    http://www.goldeneagle.ie/portal.php?z=197

Hey I just wondered - you posted your opening post above here in April and I just wondered has anything come from the petition so far? or are names still being collected? and what do you hope will be the outcome of said petition?

Advertisement