Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish rail website and 3v

• 27-04-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭

I have no credit card I can use but have a 3v card. Can you book a train ticket with a 3v card? How do you collect if you can? Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

You can use your laser card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

You can use your laser card.

Don't have a laser card either.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Don't have a laser card either.

How'd you manage that one?

Not sure about the 3v but im sure it'll work. If you buy your tickets well in advance then they will be posted to you. If not then just collect your tickets at the booking office of the train station and have your printed out receipt with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

How'd you manage that one?

Not sure about the 3v but im sure it'll work. If you buy your tickets well in advance then they will be posted to you. If not then just collect your tickets at the booking office of the train station and have your printed out receipt with you.
    Ya i'm 17 so no laser card :D . Think i'll do tha, thanks very much mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Should not stop one getting a laser, most of them do laser for 16+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The ticket machines need the card you booked with when you're at the station for printing / collecting your ticket.

I guess your other option is to print your ticket at home, but I don't think IE allow that yet do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Age for a Laser card is 16... and apparently (Finance forum) AIB are now issuing them to absolutely anyone who qualified to get an ATM card in the first place.

3V cards are generally useless for 'buy online, pickup at venue' style setups; Eurotunnel have a massive warning telling you not to use the UK equivalents as you will not get on to Le Shuttle, end of story (there is no manual pickup), you can't do cinema tickets with them, etc, etc.

As said above, if you buy enough in advance the tickets get posted to you, they come on a weird printed floppy plastic insert that you pop the ticket out of and look very strange all around actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They are likely to look for the card name / number and booking number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

MYOB wrote: »
    Age for a Laser card is 16... and apparently (Finance forum) AIB are now issuing them to absolutely anyone who qualified to get an ATM card in the first place.

That's true. There is no reason why one would have to be 18 to get a debit card as there is no debt associated with it. AIB replaced all their Banklink and Laser Cards with Maestro Cards a few years back. I think for under 16's, parental permission is required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Random wrote: »
    The ticket machines need the card you booked with when you're at the station for printing / collecting your ticket.
    The bank card is not necessary. I got my ticket from the machine at Heuston a couple of weeks ago with nothing but the booking number (or whatever it's called). There was an option for the card, I think, but I did not use it in any case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement