Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breed of dog

Options
  • 27-04-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

can any one tell me what breed is my dod rebel. some tell me he is a terrier and others argue that he is a jack russell. please help

ps as u can see he is not camera shy hahaha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

jack russells are terriers, and i would say there is no denying there is a jack russell in there! love the first pic by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ha ha ha that first pic is deadly. Sticking that on me bebo lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Definitely a fair bit of JRT in there.... he may be the product of 2 crossbreed parents...could be Rotti or German Shepherd or Miniature Pinscher in generations way back.

Safe to say he's a JRT crossbreed.

The first pic of him is very funny by the way!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

The pics do not really show his size hence a breed ID is very difficult. If he only is about JRT size or slightly bigger than I would suggest German Hunting Terrier x or Black and Tan Terrier x.

I've got a chap here called Mouse, he looks similar but he's only slightly bigger than a JRT. Found him in the middle of the Slieve Aughty's half dead. He's the best ratter I've ever had and my son took a fancy to him, so I ended up keeping him.

p867390.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

He has quite a rounded face for a Jack. In one of the pics he nearly looks like he could be part pit bull, but he's only small so I doubt it, and in another one of the pics he nearly looks part chihuahua! Quite a chameleon.

He's definitely not full Jack anyway.. but damned if I could figure out the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Im not sure what the criteria is for a "full" JRT but he looks like one to me..or pretty close. Great dogs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dellytots

What about my dog Biggles? He's Jack russell sized but thats not a jack russell head?? The vet didnt know either said theres a bit of everything in him. He has an underbite and bow legs at the front I know these are trates of bull breeds.....

4988411a9747639178l.jpg

4988411a9734766310l.jpg

n631821953_1776461

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

bit a a manchester terrier methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noels little bu

seanybiker wrote: »
    ha ha ha that first pic is deadly. Sticking that on me bebo lol.

thats ok seany, send me ur addy in a private mail and i will add ya , im on bebo too

wow there is quite a mix there, someone mentioned a rotti in there, that is so weird cos when he is out for a walk and panting his face is very very like one.

here are two more pics that might give more of an idea of his size, he is a small dog but has a huge personality. he loves attention but only when he wants it and not otherwise and can be aggressive at times. i do everything for him yet he favours my husband.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 *Penbo*

Oh my god! did u adopt him from Dogs Aid?? I volunteer there :D

and i would say that the dog is the first pic most likely does have a bit of rotti in him :)
    dellytots wrote: »
    What about my dog Biggles? He's Jack russell sized but thats not a jack russell head?? The vet didnt know either said theres a bit of everything in him. He has an underbite and bow legs at the front I know these are trates of bull breeds.....

4988411a9747639178l.jpg

4988411a9734766310l.jpg

n631821953_1776461

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dellytots

Hehe yep Biggles is a Dogs aid dog. He's bulked out a bit since the photo was taken. We'll be taking him to the fundraiser day in cloghran during the summer to say hello to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 *Penbo*

dellytots wrote: »
    Hehe yep Biggles is a Dogs aid dog. He's bulked out a bit since the photo was taken. We'll be taking him to the fundraiser day in cloghran during the summer to say hello to everyone.

Awwww! I loved him. he was my fave while he was there! haha
    Ah the fun day is great! Might see you then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

I think he is JRT x smooth haired fox terrier x pincher/?????? :D

Whatever he is he is a cutie.....as is Biggles!!

ha ha loves that fecking dog.

motivator6752824.jpg

oh my god i love that, if i send u my email address could u send it to me. its class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

noels little bu,
    If you got on to demotivateus.com there is lots of animal pics done like the one above:D
    some very funny ones

oh my god i love that, if i send u my email address could u send it to me. its class
    Yeah work away. All ya do is go to google and search for motivational poster maker and ya can do your own. My email is :seanmcdonagh@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

can any one tell me what breed is my dod rebel. some tell me he is a terrier and others argue that he is a jack russell. please help

ps as u can see he is not camera shy hahaha

hes a gorgeous dog :D

Advertisement