Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay Upgrade

• 27-04-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

We all know that the operators have never done any favours for prepay upgraders.

I've been "with" vodafone prepay since 2001... last time I got EUR 80 free credit when I bought an "upgrade" handset. The price of the handset was hardly subsidised, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm too lazy to program the vodafone internet settings myself I would have bought it sim-free on ebay.

The time has no come to upgrade again, and I'm thinking of the Nokia N95 or N96, I'm realy dissapointed vodafone are only offering EUR 5 credit when you upgrade! and the price of the handset is barely subsidised.

Now, EUR 5 is so low it might as well be EUR 0

I'm off to ebay*, although problem is, I don;t want to buy a chinese fake.

* Its tempting to switch to another Irish network, but AFAIK only vodafone offer fax receiving on voicemail, i.e. I can receive faxes on 087 5xxxxxxx, shhh, its a secret

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Is there a question there somewhere? :)

O2 support fax minder too, not sure if it's on prepay but I can test it if you want
    http://short.ie/nxjbu9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

3 will also give you a free fax number 083 XXXXXX, it's free for all customers on bill pay, not sure about pay as you go, might be worth asking them....

tbh, I don't think they'll do it for you but he who dares Rodney, he who dares;)

Advertisement