Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Quantity of Woodchip/Mulch

Options
  • 27-04-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Does anyone know where you can get a large quantity of woodchip mulch 30m^3 its for a dog enclosure, its 60 ft x 35ft play area for dogs and i want to use woodchip/mulch for the surface as with 5 dogs the ground becomes mucky and the enzymes in the woodchip helps breakdown the waste.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

You could try Coillte, in Cor Na mona if you are in the Galway Area. They sell it by the lorry load. I priced it there years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Risarow

Call some of your local tree surgery companies. You'll find most of them in the yellow pages or on google.
    At times they will be only too delighted to get rid of a truck load or two of chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

sand is pretty effective, it dries up the stools which can then be collected daily with a shovel and bucket and disposed of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Vas_Guy wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can get a large quantity of woodchip mulch 30m^3 its for a dog enclosure, its 60 ft x 35ft play area for dogs and i want to use woodchip/mulch for the surface as with 5 dogs the ground becomes mucky and the enzymes in the woodchip helps breakdown the waste.

Must make for an unhealthy mess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

Must make for an unhealthy mess?

at the moment it is, that's why i need some sort of covering for the ground.

• Advertisement
Advertisement